(19) Give Me My Phone!

Where could you have possibly left it? Had someone stolen it while you were sorting files? Why would they steal it if they didn't know your password? Did they know your password? Are you hallucinating? Are you somehow high? Maybe you were just crazy thinking that you left it in your office, that was the logical thought process, right? Things like this happen all the time to you anyway.

But your rambling thoughts came to a complete stop when you heard a faint chuckle in the farthest corner of the room. You would recognize that giddy-inducing chuckle anywhere. You turned in the direction of the laugh, peering into the shadows until you saw the faint form of the animatronic.

Again, the animatronic was getting into the weirdest places with no explanation as to how he had done so. It was odd though; you were sure you were staring right into Moon's eyes, but you saw no evidence of his red ringed pupils. 

Now that you mentioned it, his stars weren't even glowing, they were the dullest of yellows and grays. "Moon?" You called out confused, taking a step toward the animatronic to get a better look at him.

"Hellooo~" Moon called back in an almost taunting manner. The large animatronic had managed to squeeze himself in between the space of the filing cabinet and the ceiling. Moon even had extra space to swing his legs over himself like a kid would when they were deep in thought. He was laying on his stomach, elbows propped on top of the cabinet as his forearms supported the position of his hands which were turned upwards to hold his faceplate up.

"What're you doing up there?" You questioned confused at how the animatronic had managed such a feat, and when the animatronic had done such a thing. The animatronic, instead of answering you, removed a propped hand and gave you a small wave, his fingers wiggling teasingly in your direction.

It was then that you pieced together the reasoning behind the animatronic being up there and being extra secretive. "You took my phone, didn't you?" You deadpanned as you stared up at Moon's lifeless eyes. At this the animatronic admitted at being caught, producing your phone with his other hand which had been hidden behind his faceplate, kept in place by his sharp clawed fingers.

You watched with narrowed eyes as Moon slowly swayed his hand back and forth, waving your phone in the air. His head tilted in just the slightest giving you on odd rush of adrenaline. "C'mon Moon, this isn't the time for your shenanigans!" You said warily as you watched the life of your phone flash before your eyes. In response Moon let out another chuckle at your nervous state.

You took a little sprint in an attempt to catch Moon off-guard and snatch your phone right from him. But Moon must've predicting your potential actions and lifted the phone just out of your reach at the very last moment. "Hey!" You shouted instinctively as you watched Moon's hand clutch tighter to the edge of the cabinet as he struggled to hold in a chuckle.

You stared up at him disapprovingly, crossing your arms to make sure he got the point. But you weren't going to give up easily, quickly you unfolded your arms and used the cabinet as leverage to help you reach your phone. This time Moon pulled it closer to himself, pressing it to his chest as he watched you struggle to get your phone back.

You gave Moon a glare which elicited a laugh from him. Moon flipped over onto his back, keeping your phone to his chest as he turned his faceplate so he could still look down at you. You knew you weren't going to be able to get your phone back, so you decided that you should try to use this time to ask a few questions. "Question."

"Yesssss?" You turned your back to the pale colored cabinet and leaned on it, tilting your head up so you still had a view of the animatronic. As the silence drew out Moon cocked his head in a questioning manner, prodding you to continue on.

"What happened to your pupils?" You finally asked the blank-eyed automaton. Moon flipped over almost immediately as if the question had embarrassed him. Moon grumbled something to himself, but you didn't press on, wanting to give the animatronic a little space.

Moon finally turned back toward you, a small huff escaping his voicebox. "Suppose it is the lack of charge, I had not realized Sun had been skipping the mandatory cycles." Replied the huffy Moon who set your phone on the edge of the cabinet. He gestured to the item laying there in an attempt to get you to pick it up.

"Does it affect your vision?" You prodded, eager to learn more about the animatronics and how one thing could affect another. So interesting each of them were.

"That would be dependent. Have you not realized that Sundrop lacks pupils?" Moon pushed himself up into a hunched over cross-legged lotus position. He had to use his hands to prevent the possibility of sliding off due to the small amount of space he was working with. 

"I did, but I just assumed Sun had white pupils." Your interaction with Sun hadn't necessarily gone to plan, but the other side of Moon hadn't seemed angry or irritated with you. Maybe just a little bit finnicky if anything.

"Sundrop once had blue eyes, but I do believe management had complaints about the way they looked. Then they instructed Sun not to charge as often in order to keep the lights inside his eyes from being charged properly." Explained Moon while you took your phone from the top of the cabinet. He shooed you off to the side so that he could drop down to the floor.

The animatronic landed almost silently, had it not been for the bells tied to his wrists he would have been quieter than a ninja. "As much as I would love to continue chatting with you, I have to go catch the recharge cycles before the hour is over." Explained Moon who took a hunched over position as to not appear too intimidating. Gesturing to his black eyes which gave you an odd form of 'the chills.'

Moon made his way to your doorway entrance to the office, turning around to give you a small wave. "Later Snoozy!" You called to the animatronic who was all the way across the room from you. You crossed your arms with a smug smile as you watched Moon try to formulate a response.

"Until next time Designer." Mocked Moon who was unsuccessful in finding equally insulting words to use against you.

Then he turned and walked down one of the seemingly endless hallways, it was then that you remembered you needed to get out of the plex before midnight.

You checked the time.