(28) Useless?

"Is... Is that why you came to us? S'pose you just wanted to talk about Bonnie?" Well, partly. You weren't sure if you could say anything to Moon now, you didn't want them to avoid you. You didn't want to make them uncomfortable. That just seemed unfair.

"I guess so." You pulled away from the embrace of Sun, sitting on your legs as you continued to help Sun organize the rest of the crayons. 

"You sure it wasn't to hang out with us?" Was he snickering at you? Of course, he was.

"Maybe a little." You couldn't help but roll your eyes, Sun, in other regards, was right. You couldn't help the serotonin you got each time they hung around with you. Talking with you, listening to you.

It was a reminder that they cared.

"Usually, we do not have guests. Not after hours anyway." Commented Sun, turning to put away another box of crayons, and another.

"Really? That's a surprise." You quite enjoyed the animatronic's presence, a surprise that they didn't get many visitors.

"Honest! Most of the time it's just for maintenance." Grumbled Sun, crossing his arms as if to make a point.

"And I assume that isn't up your alley?"

"Couldn't be farther from it!" Well, you could see it. Being strapped down to a metal operation table didn't fancy your taste either. Not to touch up on the fact that they probably had to tinker around in their insides too.

The silence seemed to draw out at that moment, the only sound was the thunking of the crayons landing in their color divided bins. Eventually all the crayons had a place to go, Sun now swiftly putting the tubs away into their divided areas.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think we're annoying and problematic?" You looked over at Sun, rays retracted in just the slightest. Right as you were about to answer, Sun shook his head, rays following with the motion. "Nevermind, that was a stupid question to ask." He grumbled, flicking himself in the arm.

"It's... Not stupid. Just surprising." You shrugged your shoulders, standing up so that you could get a better view of the celestial being. "Why do you ask?"

Sun shifted away uncomfortably, swaying from side to side. "It's just what all the employees say about us. They- They probably don't mean it." Chuckled Sun, turning away from you as he approached another messy table.

You had to run to catch up to the lanky animatronic, you were not letting this kind of attitude slide. "They couldn't possibly be any more wrong! You're the best Daycare Attendant any parent could ask for!" 

"But what makes us so great? They hand their children off to us just so they don't have to take care of them." Oh boy, Sun was really going to make this hard, wasn't he?

"But without you their children probably wouldn't be alive. In fact, here's what I think." You blocked Sun off from moving forward, standing in front of him. This caused him to stop mid-step, attention right on you. "You work harder than any of The Glamrocks, all they do is show of their cosmetic designs during performances and deliver cake to children."

Sun only looked at you, crossing his arms once more, his rays slowly starting to peek out to their normal extent. "Meanwhile, you take care of those children, entertain them, keep them alive! Without you The Pizzaplex probably wouldn't be so busy, the partying adults have probably been having the time of their life because they're able to count on you." You pointed your finger at Sun, daring him to downgrade himself.

Sun didn't move, only staring down at you. Now you were getting a little concerned, that was until Sun turned away from you, rays spiking out and turning rapidly around his head. "Stop! You'll make me cry!" Was he being serious? Probably not. What use was there to build an animatronic that could cry?

"I'd rather you cry full well knowing that you're cared for and that you're not useless, but in fact a great help to this establishment." Sun shied away from you even more but couldn't push you away when you gave him a hug.

"I'm telling you Sunny, you're a huge help to The Plex, and nothing will ever change my mind about that." 

Even though Sun couldn't change his facial features, you could tell that he was smiling, internally.

Sun was a great animatronic, and you'd stand by it, no matter what.