(29) Assurance

"You're much too kind." Mumbled Sun, a glimmer in his glossed-over eyes. Sun turned to face you, returning your hug. Again, not as crushing as Moon's own, but either way, you appreciated the gestures. Both of theirs.

"Why don't we finish cleaning up?" Even you couldn't hide the dumb grin on your face, Sun's appreciation really did warm your heart. It gave you a feeling of serotonin, making you feel giddy in the presence of The Attendant.

"Cle-" He stopped himself mid-sentence, looking around hurriedly. "Oh right! That's what we were working on." Sun chuckled as he looked around, awaiting to spot his next victim of mess.

"Where do you think we should start?" Sun looked back over at you, his entire faceplate turning to face your direction.

"Top to bottom! Starting with the tables." A simple gesture from the animatronic, and you were following him. A bounce in his step as he approached the nearest piece of furniture. He knelt down on one side of the table, you settling down on the other.

This table included a marker explosion, mix-matched caps, others being capless. This would definitely take longer to do than the crayons. You did as Sun did, uncapping all the markers and organizing them by the color indicated on the bottom. 

You watched as Sun stood up, retrieving two pieces of white paper. "Do you need one?" He held out on of the papers for you to take.

"Thank you." Sun only nodded, rays following with the motion. He began testing the markers to make sure they hadn't died out, or that the tips hadn't been flattened. You did the same, fishing out cap colors for the ones that did work. And to say that phenomenon was rare. 

Many of the marker tips had absorbed another color of ink, making the colors appear uglier than they might've originally been. The most common occurrence of this was with the yellow markers, often being smudged with a dark color. The tips being black and ugly.

"I'm surprised Fazbear has the money to replace these on an often." You commented as you tossed yet another marker off to the growing pile of ruined markers.

"The corporation does have branch companies that help with income. Though they're not as big as this establishment." That did make sense. What would the company do if their only building was shut down? And not to mention the amount of money they must've used to build everything.

All the attractions, the animatronics, the different stories, staff bots, food areas, an entire daycare, the decorative designing, and so much more. It was a question of how they had managed to save enough money from these smaller side companies.

Eventually the animatronic picked up the last marker, a light pink one. It capped it with the appropriate color and handed it off for you to have. "What do you want me to do with this?" You asked, confused, holding it between your finger and thumb.

"Why don't you keep it? A lil' something you can have, from us." Chuckled Sun, gathering a handful of markers from the 'Dispose of' pile. "It's not much, we will admit. We'll have to find something better." Decided Sun, walking away from you, and toward the nearest trashcan.

You too stood up, stretching your stiff limbs, the pink marker still in hand. "It doesn't matter what the gift is, so long as you mean it sincerely." 

"Sincerely?" Sun approached the table once more, grabbing another handful of markers. This time you followed him as he walked away.

"Like... If you're not trying to insult me or embarrass me. Something like that, you know?" Sun's silence only confirmed your sneaking suspicion that he still didn't quite understand the concept you were attempting to explain.

"But a gift is supposed to be something good, right? Something you'll cherish?" Right, Sun was probably programmed to be a happy-go-lucky animatronic. Of course, this form of 'insulting' or poking fun at someone would be something he wouldn't understand.

"It's supposed to be." Right, how were you supposed to explain this in a way that he'd understand? "It's a gift that isn't... Well." You really were struggling, weren't you?

"Take your time." You continued following Sun as he disposed of the markers, you trailing behind as you thought of a way to properly explain.

"It's like a gift that's supposed to be downright insulting. Say you gave me this marker because you know I don't like the color pink. That-" Sun instantly whipped around, hunching over to be eye-level with you.

"You don't like the color pink?! Well, why didn't you say so? We should've known!" Stressed Sun, his tone exasperated. He snatched the marker from your hand and was rushing over to find a different color. You looked back at the markers Sun had dropped on the floor.

You looked back over at Sun who was noisily rummaging through the bin of markers. "I was using it as an example! The color pink is fine!" You called over to him. Sun's rays shifted, turning to look back at you. 

"Do you, or do you not like the color pink?" Well, now you felt bad. He held up the pink marker, dwarfed in his large hands. You walked back over toward Sun, who was eagerly awaiting your answer.

You took it from his hand, holding it up for him to see. "The color pink is fine." You repeated more firmly, stuffing it into your jacket pocket.

"You're positive?" You nodded, walking back over to the fallen markers.

"C'mon Sunny, let's finish cleaning up The Daycare, shall we?" You could feel Sun looming behind you, but you decided it was better left uncommented on. You knelt down, beginning to pick up the markers.

Sun knelt down across from you, taking the markers from you. "I'm really sorry, that was overreactive of me. Wasn't it?" 

"Stop stressing over it, Sun, it's alright. Honestly." Yet Sun was still able to pull of the facade of looking bad. Maybe it was the way he tilted his head or kept his hands up close to his chest area. "Don't make me feel bad!" You teased playfully.

The caused Sun to instantly snap his attention onto you. "Don't feel bad!" You couldn't help the small snicker that came from you at Sun's reaction. You then heard a small gasp come from him, causing you to look up at him. "You're messing with me, aren't you?" 

"It's hard to resist." Sun only crossed his arms, pretending to ignore you. You could easily tell he was trying his best to not look at you. You let out another laugh at the overly dramatic reaction.

You really needed to spend more time with him. He was hard to stay away from.