(7) Sleep Is His Only Demand

"Y/n~" The taunting voice belonging to Moon, a chilling whisper from above you. "Hidey hide, hide away, but just know, you'll never win this game." His overconfidence was easily justified, he probably knew the place like the back of his hand, if not better.

As much as you would've liked to assure yourself that you had chosen a good hiding spot, you couldn't be the one to talk. You had never been in The Daycare, and nor did Moon give you any time to look around.

Your hiding spot was more cramped than sneaky, you were sure many kiddos had hidden here before, it was more than likely. You were in a labyrinth of plastic tubing and tunnels, random spaces diverting from the main tunnel. Or what you assumed was the main tunnel anyway.

Moon had only given you 45 seconds to hide, your first instinct? To run to a large play area, climb into the first entrance/exit you could find, and get as far away from the area you had entered. And followed by those actions was cramming yourself into a small space, hoping you weren't noticeable from any other direction than the one you were currently facing.

As much as you wanted to hope that you would at least last a couple of minutes, you knew you would be found soon. He had heard your frantic footsteps towards the place, your heavy breathing, rapid heartbeat, the jitter of your legs as you waited. Waited... And waited... You could hear him. You knew he was near; you knew Moon would find you soon. There was no doubt about it.

Then the mechanical clicks, it was the sound you had connected to the animatronics, or Freddy Fazbear and the attendant anyway. You recognized it, knowing the sound itself wasn't all too loud, which only told you he was closer than anticipated.

"Oh, Lamb~" Another taunt, a taunt of victory. He had found you; you only needed the taunt of his voice to know he was trying to build tension, successful in his attempts of doing so. He was right above you, the soft thud as he exited a tunnel and stepped down atop the plastic layer that separated you, from him.

How he knew, you did not know. But you just knew, sound clues, hints, he had easily pieced them together. But he decided taunting you was fun, knocking three times on the plastic above you to back up your theory.

"Just admit it, Lamb! You have been caught." Moon directed towards you, taking a fancy to his new nickname for you. Despite knowing this was a friendly game, the odd formality of Moon made your spine shutter. It was creepily terrifying the way he talked, always refusing to use conjunctions, spitting a variety of words as he did so.

You let out a sigh, not even trying to hide the eerie terror that Hide N' Seek gave you. This was the game where killers were made, always seeking out a petrified person for the satisfaction of winning.

You decided talking was better than ignoring Moon, he knew where you were already, and you didn't want to risk him speed-crawling right to your very location. That'd be more terrifying than the actual game.

"Hey, Moon." You chuckled nervously, tilting your head up to project your voice to the animatronic. You didn't know what to say, you didn't really have anything to say. What were you supposed to say anyway? You decided a direct address of the very thing talking to you would be better for yourself, it showed you were paying attention to him.

"You had gotten a lot farther than I had first expected," Moon commented, another knock on the structure, whether intentional or not you still jumped to the sudden noise above you. "Perhaps adrenaline had coursed through your veins? Were you perhaps... scared?" Moon taunted with an overly smug voice.

You rolled your eyes, glad that Moon couldn't see your reaction to his taunts. Whether it would annoy him or fuel his playful teasing you were relieved you weren't face-to-face with the mechanoid. "What was there to be scared of? It's just a harmless game." You brushed off the chill of fear that tingled your bones. Obviously, it was just a game, but it was still embarrassing to get scared over something so small.