(21) Maintenance Files

It felt like you hadn't been back at the Pizzaplex within days. In reality, it had been as little as 8 hours. Now you regretted not staying last night, but you were conflicted. You wanted to manage yourself with proper hygiene, but you also wanted to avoid the cold temperature.

It was absolutely freezing cold; the temperature dropping to a good 35 degrees (Fahrenheit)(1.6 Celsius?) within a span of, maybe, 7 hours. Even walking to your car was an uncomfortable trek, the crunch beneath your feet telling you that even the ground had developed a light layer of frost.

You opened your car door, slamming your car key into the ignition and turning it. The start of the engine to you was a signal to turn on the heater. Your freezing fingertips feeling slightly numb as you did so. You could only tuck them into the pockets of your jacket/flannel. (It finally comes back, and it shall finally have a purpose some time soon)

You quickly began your drive to the Pizzaplex, hopeful that it would be warm inside the large building. Your office at minimum. You did work underground, and naturally, it was hotter underground. Well, in the winter anyway. Some kind of theory about the seasons had discussed this topic, where ancient tribes would dig underground to stay cool in the summer and warm in winter.

At least, that was how you remembered it.

When you got to the Plex you made a break for the entryway, your body shivering instinctively in an attempt to warm your body. You pushed open the glass doors leading to the Pizzaplex, instantly your face was hit with a rush of hot air.

You crossed the threshold and manually closed the door behind you, desperate to keep the hot air in. The loud noises of the Pizzaplex hit you, but it wasn't a sound that had your attention. It was a smell. It was faintly sweet and...

Hot Chocolate. The plex was selling Hot Coco, but you couldn't blame them, it was pretty cold outside.

The usual vendors on the first floor were managing a large crowd of freezing people, some even having frost on their articles of clothing. Quite a surprise for you, but you didn't know where they had been, nor how long they had been outside in the freezing weather.

You were tempted to go over, but the lines were huge, the crowd of people intimidating. You were about to draw your gaze away, but a hand on your shoulder drew your attention over to the person beside you.

"Coffee or Coco?" Ah, you should've expected this. That devilish voice had a name instantly fixed into your head, Shelby. You looked over your shoulder, gesturing toward the large crowd.

"It wouldn't matter, this crowd is a literal barrier." You commented, shooing off Shelby's hand from your shoulder. Shelby let out a small chuckle at your reply, nodding in agreement. "You missed out on your chance to get something didn't you?" You asked as Shelby kept eyeing a coffee vendor.

Shelby nodded in defeat, "And yet I'm still thinking about it." She crossed her arms as she looked down at her boots. "You're about to go to work, yeah?" You only hummed a response of 'Mhmm.' Shelby nodded, "Thought so, Fazbear Entertainment accepted your request, they think it'd be best to start working with the animatronics immediately."

At first you didn't realize what she was talking about, but then you remembered the email you sent her. "Really? That's fantastic!" You commented, but Shelby's worried expression quickly killed your enthusiasm.

"Before you do anything, I suggest you look at the animatronic's written data files and all. Not all the mascots are Rockstars." Shelby said seriously, she stared at you, looking around before continuing on. "We've had 6 incident reports from just one of the animatronics within 2 weeks, they've never been for displeasing customers, nor the maintenance teams."