☆🗽🤙🎭🐊🆗️🦅❄

(In this they all have a bit more open of a relationship- so while NY TX CA LA FL and Gov are all mutually dating,  texas is the only one dating OK and AK. The brother - like dynamic from my texacali book doesn't take place here, and even there is a dynamic, not actual full blown 'they're siblings' Hc/gen/srs)

Also!! Tw for shaming poly for being swingers and also being called things like s__t or wh-re.

Texas yawned as he woke, seeing Oklahoma was gone with from next to him, a note there that said he would be back around 11. Texas gave a hum and looked at the time, seeing it was 8:30.. around the time he woke up anyway. He had dozens of notifications that he didn't bother checking as he got up and put on some clothes, a pair of jeans and one of New yorks hoodies, before he shoved his phone in his pocket and went out to go get some coffee. As he went out he saw that there was a meeting happening, yet it wasn't one he was scheduled to be at so he wasn't to worried,  and in general he hadn't even known there was a meeting today.
    As he poured his coffee,  he felt his pocket vibrating with more notices, but currently he was more busy smiling to himself regarding the day before.
     Him and Oklahoma had actually gone on a more official date- and although it wasn't super fancy,  they both had fun.  A lot of it involved them reaching in a park,  something simple but they both got a kick out of.  There was a baseball game going on at the park they had gone to,  so they stole food for the good ol' southern kick they'd get from it,  but,  they were caught. So,  they had joked about how they didn't need to worry about out running the guy that ran the stand, but only outrunning the other.
    Texas won the race to the car,  and he was surprised to see that Oklahoma was actually still being chased since they had parked rather far. Saying as the driver side was closer to the direction Oklahoma was running from,  texas simply fired up the engine before he crawled over to the passenger seat, only just barely situating himself by the time Oklahoma hopped in the car and seeing texas car out into the center of the parking lot, both of them getting a kick out of the fact they both managed to not get arrested.
    In turn of the fact that texas had managed to win,  and Oklahoma was pouting about it,  texas had Oklahoma pull into a drive-thru and he ordered them both strawberry milkshakes, which happened to be the state of oklahomas iconic drink. And just the fact that Tex new that had made Oklahoma happy, and it made texas happy in turn.
    Texas blushed just a little,  hoping up on the counter as he finished his first cup,  pouring his next already as he than thought about that night.
         When the two finally got home,  they saw cali in the kitchen and Oklahoma pushed texas to go ahead since he planned to shower anyway before bed. Texas was thankful for this,  as it had treasures him that Oklahoma really was fine with texas being poly, and he actually gave texas a kiss before heading down the hall.
      Cali was baking a cake in the kitchen when Texas walked in,  being careful not to stomp to be sure cali wouldn't yell at him about how the cake could fall before he looped his and around cali's torso and planted a kiss on his jaw from behind. He heard a chuckle from cali before his lover had turned and kissed him propperly.
     The two exchanged their greeting before cali asked texas how his date went,  which cali than was introduced to texas excitedly rambling on about how nice it was,  which made cali smile softly as he listened to his lover.  Cali was happy for his partner being able to go on the date he did with Oklahoma, he knew texas had been crushing for a hot minute, and also knew that texas was awkward when it came to dating without his partners. Alaska was difficult enough for texas,  and Alaska also dated new york. Texas was just awkward because he didn't want to mess up what he had,  and cali could understand,  but he was happy texas was breaking that shell.
     When cali was done baking and the two had finally separated about an hour and a half later,  texas had gone to bed to find Oklahoma there;  resting in his sweats and one of texas hoodies- and damn did texas love to get to see that. When Texas entered his bed, he had started to apologize;  but Oklahoma spotted him with a kiss, pulling him closer by the waist, spooning the larger state with swift ease. It made texas smile as he careful held onto the other,  returning the kiss calmly.
      Texas couldn't help but sigh with content as he drank his coffee still.. how did he get so lucky? He set down his note half full cup,  finally deciding to check his phone,  annoyance strangling him slightly.
    He was surprised to see how many of the notifications were from Twitter, all apps had notifications set to mention only unless they were his personals that only other states new,  so to say the least his skin crawled slightly when he opened the app and saw #texas #statehousereality and #statehousetea all 3 on the trending tab... this.. couldn't end well.
    He glanced at the meeting room slowly before he actually started to look at posts, and the first he was met by was one that mentioned him.