Chapter 48

Sawyer POV

I get off the plane and have an extra pep in my step.

"Sawyer, hold up!" I stop and see Bree.

I'm bouncing on my toes, "Hurry up!"
I whine.

"I know you're excited, but like walk bud." She says.

I nod, "I'm at a 10." Mav nudges me.

"I know. Let's go."

We walk through the airport and are on the escalator when I see them and I take off when I get to the bottom.

"SAWYER!"

I zoom through people with Mav until I reach them, "Momma!!"

"Whoa, hi baby!!" She says.

"Sawyer!" Charlie squeals.

Bree comes up, "Bud, I said walk."

My eyes widen when momma glares at me, "I was excited!" I whine.

"What have we said about running through crowded spaces! Especially with him!" She points at Maverick.

"Not to! But-"

"No buts, baby. I'm glad you're home. But you have to be better about being safe!"

I groan, "I'm sorry!"

She softens, "I missed you, baby."

I hug her tight, "Missed you, momma."

Serv speaks up, "Let's go home!"

"Alright Carrasco's! See you later! Alex I'll see you at training and Sawyer, I'll see you for therapy!" Bree says.

"Alright baby, what do you say to Bree?"

I turn around and hold up my hand, "Yo, thanks for coming with me Bree."

Momma's eyes widen, "You're ridiculous. Let's go."

I laugh and follow them.

We grab my stuff and head to the car to go home.

Once home, I zoom towards the door. "Hey. Sawyer. Get your bags please. Dirty laundry in the laundry room, in your hamper PLEASE. Not in a pile. Also, you seem a little wound up, so can you let off some of that either with the medicine balls or something else?" Momma says.

"Okay. Then can Makena come over? Please!"

She stares at me, "Yes, but we will talk before she comes over."

I nod, "Deal."

I rush upstairs with my suitcase and dump its contents into my hamper and then rush downstairs, sliding on the wood floor.

I drop my hamper in the laundry room and head to the garage to grab a medicine ball.

I'm practically vibrating with excitement and am having a hard time settling down.

I hear the door open, "Hey. You feel better, baby?"

I drop the ball, "No. I can't get my body to settle it feels like. I don't even know. My meds aren't working?"

Her eyes widen, "You took them, correct?"

"YEAH MOMMA! Bree gave them to me. Just think I don't know. I'm excited."

"Come here." She says and opens her arms.

I walk into them and she envelopes me into a hug, giving me a tight squeeze and a lot of pressure.

I start to relax and feel my heart rate slowing down. "Needed a momma hug."

"You did. It's okay. Alright, talk time."