Chapter 23

Disclaimer: This is a nonprofit fan fiction of the anime and manga Naruto, owned by and created by Masashi Kishimoto. The only things I own are my original characters, their plot, and this book. The image I used for the book cover is not owned by me, but I did make the book cover, so no stealing. I do not own any images or videos I post here. The credit goes to their rightful owners.

If I find that my characters or plot line are used without my permission, there will be serious consequences. You have been warned.

--------------

*One day later*

"I'm sure you all know of what's happening," Tsunade spoke towards team 7, team 8, team 10, team Gai, and the remaining member of team Suki, Masaaki.

"Hai!" they all chorused.

"This may seem like much for a rescue mission, but the Sky Shinobi are powerful. Frankly, I would've sent more, but we need them for other purposes. You guys will travel separately in your usual teams, but the leader for the entire group will be Kakashi. Any questions?"

"Do we know where to go?" Masaaki asked. Tsunade smirked and waved her hands towards Yumi and Homaru, who were both in the corner muttering to themselves crazily.

"Ibiki did some prodding around in their mind, and we found out that they know where the Sky Village is. It'll be difficult to get in however. The Sky Village will definitely be expecting us, so their ninja will be all over the place."

"Here's a map," Tsunade pulled out a well-drawn map of the area around the Sky Village. "This right here is the village. The area around it will be completely surrounded by shinobi. If you engage in combat with one area, the other areas will be notified and will bump up their defense. But, one thing's for sure. They won't come to help their allies under unofficial orders, or by will. So, if you defeat one area, the others will not come to help. You can get in there, but it won't be long before they get orders from the higher ups."

"So in other words," Kakashi spoke, "defeat one area, quickly infiltrate the village, and find Akane and Ryuu before the ninjas get orders to find and defeat us?"

"Exactly," Tsunade said. "Try to avoid any fighting. You're infiltrating their village, meaning that there will be a lot of those ninja, and not to mention that they're very powerful. Beware of their Enningan."

"That's their dojutsu, right?" Sakura asked for confirmation. Tsunade nodded.

"I trust in you all, but be prepared to lay your life on the line here. I'll give you permission to back out now."

"Are you kidding?!" Naruto exclaimed. "There's no way we would give up! Akane and Ryuu are our friends!"

Tsunade looked at each member of the group, finding sheer determination in each and every one of their faces.

It's amazing that most of them aren't even close to Akane, yet they'll risk their lives to save her, Tsunade thought. She smirked and sat up in her seat.

"Then this mission is official," she spoke. She gave them all a proud look before waving to the door. "Teams, I wish you good luck. Dismissed!"

*****

(Akane's POV)

Someone was dragging me. That's all I felt. The sounds they were making were muffled, and if I opened my eyes, all I saw was blurry figures. My vision went dark, and I fell unconscious again. It wasn't long before woke up, only to see the same things. I, once again, fell unconscious.

I woke up again. Things were the same, only when I turned my head to the right, I could see a blurry raven-haired boy there. He had bruises and cuts all over his body, and his clothes were all cut up. His hair was strewn all over the place, and it was clear from his facial expression that he was in pain.