Chapter 25

Disclaimer: This is a nonprofit fan fiction of the anime and manga Naruto, owned by and created by Masashi Kishimoto. The only things I own are my original characters, their plot, and this book. The image I used for the book cover is not owned by me, but I did make the book cover, so no stealing. I do not own any images or videos I post here. The credit goes to their rightful owners.

If I find that my characters or plot line are used without my permission, there will be serious consequences. You have been warned.

---------

Heads up for an extremely saddening chapter!

---------

Chapter dedication this time goes to @XxMidoriNakaharaxX for commenting on the last chapter. Thank you, and sorry for adding more feels into you.

---------

(Akane's POV)

I slashed another one of the Sky Shinobi with my kunai, killing her off instantly. I was confused. Even with my Enningan on in my left eye, I could still see them, along with everything they do. I could still predict their movements and see their chakra points. All things that'll disappear when they have their own Enningan. So, if this is an army, why didn't Jirou pick the strongest ones? Why don't they have the Enningan if they're all Toshimas? I mean, yes, some Toshimas don't acquire the kekkei genkai, but this is Jirou's hand picked shinobi. So far, none of them had put up a good fight. Something's definitely going on.

My injuries didn't hurt as much, and I had fainted right when the torturer was going to take my other eye. Then I woke up here. What happened? The only time I had ever lost conscious and lost my memory was when Red-eyes takes over. But, he's not talking to me due to unknown reasons. That's another thing that's clouding up my mind.

Enough, I told myself. Now's not the time to be thinking. Concentrate.

"Aahhhh!"

With one last strike, the ninja I was fighting fell over. Another came to fight me, looking just as scared as the others. It happened to all of us. We'd finish fighting one ninja, then another would just come and take his place. They just keep on coming.

I was impatient, causing me to hurry through the ninjas. All of them fell to the ground, but just like I had expected, more came out from who knows where and attacked us. I didn't have time for this. Right now, I had to get to Jirou. It was time I settled the score between us.

The battle was raging on all around us, and I found that the fighting was getting more ferocious. That wasn't good. It was practically an army against us. We have to finish this soon, because I doubt they would allow us to retreat. I just hope we'll all make it out of here alive. Even if we lose an eye.

"What the?" I heard Dad mutter as he looked up, where the hill is. I also looked up and paled instantly. Peeking over the edge were more ninja, all looking ferociously towards us. I gulped and faced them bravely. I shouldn't be scared of my own kind.

"I'm not scared," I told myself. "Face them...head on."

The Sky Shinobi all shouted out battle cries as they ran for us. I, along with my friends, met them head on. I slashed and stabbed as I ran through all of them, finding myself lost in a horde of enemies. Just like all the others, they didn't have any Enningans.

Suddenly, I felt searing pain in my right shoulder. I looked at my arm to see a kunai deeply embedded in my shoulder. I should've been more careful. That was my blind spot. I glared at the person who did that and stabbed his chest, kicking him away. It was a blood bath, all of us fighting for our own lives. I was afraid of how all the genins would feel after this. I don't think they've ever killed somebody before. This'll be hard on them.