Chapter 28

Disclaimer: This is a nonprofit fan fiction of the anime and manga Naruto, owned by and created by Masashi Kishimoto. The only things I own are my original characters, their plot, and this book. The image I used for the book cover is not owned by me, but I did make the book cover, so no stealing. I do not own any images or videos I post here. The credit goes to their rightful owners.

If I find that my characters or plot line are used without my permission, there will be serious consequences. You have been warned.

-------

Thank you to @Rickytorres123 for voting and liking this story. It's very much appreciated!

-------

Three months. It's been three months since I became leader, and I've been gradually getting used to my busy schedule. Of course, Lady Tsunade has been helping me ever since I started. When I would meet with her for meetings, she would give me tips and all that. When we couldn't meet, I would send a private messenger bird to her. She's been a great help.

The village is getting better. They're starting to understand how to run themselves, and a couple of people are actually starting to take an interest in becoming Sorakage. A few candidates with potential were selected, however, they're definitely not fit to become Sorakage just yet. I did help them out by throwing out a couple of things the Sorakage does. My guess is that the candidates are studying up on the position right now.

The Leaf Village is doing way better than before, now that the Toshima clan is a part of it. It's been warding off enemies for some time, them knowing that Konoha has a powerful ally they can call on in times of need. Of course, there are still some idiots that think they can take on an entire village alone. They've been taken into custody, and it turns out that they were just some lousy bounty hunters that were after some of the higher ninja in the Leaf. I scoffed at that. How can they think that bounty hunters would defeat our village, even if it is vulnerable?

On another note, something was bothering me. The last time I saw Pein, he stated that he'd wait a couple of months before forcing me to join. Well, if I'm correct, it has been a couple of months. Maybe that's why I've been getting a weird sensation that someone's watching me. I would glance over my shoulder, however, I would see nothing. Even with my Enningan on. The person must be extremely skilled. Either way, I'm positive it's someone of the Akatsuki.

I jumped as a cold gust of wind brushed along the back of my neck, breaking me out of my thoughts. I turned my head to the window, which has the sun's warm rays passing through it. One thing about the Sky Village: it's pretty cool here, yet it's still sunny. That's the only thing I liked when I lived here as a kid, aside from Red-eyes. The sun's rays would comfort me. I thought of it like the sun would shine upon anybody, despite who they were or are.

I went back to filing my paperwork. I was finished for the day, so I decided to spend the rest of the day walking around. It was rare when I actually had a full day off, and I wanted to spend time relaxing, especially after all of the stress. After stuffing one last stack of paper in one of my drawers, I walked out of the office. I walked down the halls and exited the building, instantly enveloped by the cold. My eyes drifted over to the right of the building, where a huge hole was currently being repaired. That area was where the battle took place.

"Good afternoon, Lady Sorakage," a woman greeted me with a genuine smile. Two kids flanked her left, both shying away. I chuckled and bent down to their height.

"Hello," I greeted. "What're your names?"

"Don't be rude kids," the woman lightly scolded. "I'm Kimiko, and these are..."