Chapter 26

Disclaimer: This is a nonprofit fan fiction of the anime and manga Naruto, owned by and created by Masashi Kishimoto. The only things I own are my original characters, their plot, and this book. The image I used for the book cover is not owned by me, but I did make the book cover, so no stealing. I do not own any images or videos I post here. The credit goes to their rightful owners.

If I find that my characters or plot line are used without my permission, there will be serious consequences. You have been warned.

-------

Heads up guys, this book is almost done!

-------

I wanted to dedicate this chapter to @onepeice_nakama for voting and commenting. Thank you so much!

-------

(3rd POV)

Kakashi carried Akane up the hill gently, trying his best not to move her around too much. She was bleeding immensely, but he paid it no mind as he continued on. The others were silent behind him. Ryuu was the only one that was by Kakashi's side. He was looking at Akane with concern and worry.

"We need to get her medical attention as soon as possible," he muttered.

"Sakura tried to heal Akane as much as she could, but at her level, she can't heal injuries this bad," Kakashi replied. "There has to be something in the village that'll heal Akane. Preferably a hospital."

"There could be more ninjas," Ryuu warned. He knew that the horde of ninjas they fought was definitely not the entire village. Who knows, more ninja could just jump out of the shadows and assassinate them now.

"I know that," Kakashi murmured. He could see the wall surrounding the village up ahead.

"Everyone on guard," he called out to the group following him from behind. They all nodded with determined faces and a few of them even took out some weapons.

Kakashi nodded towards Ryuu. "Let's go."

He made his way up towards the wall with Ryuu in front of him, ready to defend or attack at any moment. They pushed their way through the village gate and started forward warily. Their footsteps were light, and their eyes scanned their surroundings.

A noise was made to their right in an alley. Ryuu quickly jumped in front of Kakashi with his fists held high. His eyes narrowed when shadows passed by the alley. After a moment, nothing happened. He stepped away, though his defenses were not in the slightest bit lowered.

The group continued forward, all of them scanning the area. Shadows passed by a couple windows in the houses, and they all tensed. More shadows passed by. Ryuu's breath quickened as he moved into a defensive stance.

Someone stepped out of a house, a girl by the age of five. She looked like the usual Toshima, blonde hair and black eyes. She smiled brightly and made her way to the group, but stopped when they all tensed and glared at her. She pointed at them.

"Hewos!" she exclaimed with glee. Kakashi, hearing this, stared at the girl with confusion.

Heroes? he thought. Another person came out, this time a boy. He looked to be around the age of ten. He walked towards the group and bowed respectfully.

"Thank you for saving us," he said. The group looked at him with wariness, yet confusion. Someone ran out of a house and grabbed the two children and hid them from view.

"I'm sorry!" she whispered as she clasped her hands together and got down on her knees. "Please, forgive them!"

"Whoa, lady," Ryuu muttered. "We won't hurt your children."