Chapter 29

Disclaimer: This is a nonprofit fan fiction of the anime and manga Naruto, owned by and created by Masashi Kishimoto. The only things I own are my original characters, their plot, and this book. The image I used for the book cover is not owned by me, but I did make the book cover, so no stealing. I do not own any images or videos I post here. The credit goes to their rightful owners.

If I find that my characters or plot line are used without my permission, there will be serious consequences. You have been warned.

-----------------

Thanks to @LittleMissNyanCat for those kind words! Sorry this dedication came a bit late :P

-----------------

1 day later

"And that's everything," I finished up my report. The Leaf Council members all thought over my words.

"You've been a great leader so far," Lady Tsunade commented. "Of course, you're just a rookie. But, does anybody here want to remove you from your seat?"

No hands were raised, causing both me and Lady Tsunade to smirk. 

"Just as I thought," she murmured. She stood up. "Therefore, I call this meeting to an end. Akane, you're free to leave the village now. We'll meet up in another month, same date."

I bowed. "Thank you, Lady Tsunade."

As everybody started filing out, a sudden spike of chakra caught my attention. My eyes widened when the owners of the chakra registered in my mind. I faced the direction of the hospital. 

"Lady Sorakage?" Kido questioned. I waved my hand dismissively and started towards the hospital.

"Kido, I need to go somewhere. I'll meet you at the hotel," I told him before running as fast as I could. The hospital wasn't far from the hokage tower, and the fact that the meeting was held there made it easy for me to see the glowing of the Rasengan and the Chidori on the hospital roof. 

What are those idiots thinking, I thought. Do they wanna destroy the entire place?!

I made it there in record time. My hands stretched out to catch their attacks, not even thinking about what it would do to me, but my eyes caught Sakura running towards us. I internally groaned before flipping over the two boys and tackling Sakura away, just as a familiar silver-haired ninja intercepted the boys' attack. 

Just in time, I thought as I stood up from the ground, helping Sakura up.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded with tears leaking out of her eyes. I sighed and placed a comforting hand on her right shoulder. 

"You shouldn't have done that," I lightly scolded. "If I didn't come here, and if Dad didn't stop them, what would've happened? Their attacks would've been too fast for them to stop. You would've gotten hit."

All my words did was bring more tears to her eyes. I sighed and ruffled up her pink hair. 

"You've got a big brain," I smirked. "Use it next time."

I patted her shoulder once more before turning to the main problem. Dad had thrown the two boys towards water tanks. Naruto's Rasengan did way more damage than Sasuke's Chidori, from what I could tell. Sasuke jumped away before I could jump after him. I bit my lip as I made my way towards Dad.

"You came just in time," I commented. "I don't know what I would've done."

A hand was placed on my head. "Don't worry," he gave me his closed-eye smile. "Everything will be all right. I have to go, so visit me sometime."