Chapter 11

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. Masashi Kishimoto owns Naruto. This is just a fanficition of the anime and manga. I only own my OC's and other stuff that doesn't happen in the actual plot.

Pic of my favorite ANBU —>

"You've got to be kidding me!" I shouted. "First I have to fight Akira, and now I have to fight Ryuu?!"

You see, Sasuke and I were learning the chidori from dad when I asked who I was fighting in the final rounds. That's when I learned that I have to fight another one of my friends.

"I know it was hard fighting Akira, and I know it's gonna be hard fighting Ryuu, but Akane, I know you want to do this," dad told me, looking up from his *shudders* very perverted book. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

"Maybe I should just forfeit," I said exasperated. He shook his head.

"Now Akane, you know that's not right. Just focus on the chidori for now and worry later."

I sighed and looked at Sasuke, who was currently panting with his hands on his knees. I would be in the same state, but as you can see, I'm not concentrating.

Walking over to a boulder, I made the hand signs and ran with my chidori, thrusting my hand forward. Pulling my hand out, I looked at the hole I made. It's a decent size, but it can be improved. Taking a few steps back, I did it again, but couldn't concentrate due to the fact that Ryuu's face popped into my head. I stumbled a few steps before landing with my face in the dirt. I heard footsteps to my right, getting closer by the second.

"Alright, what's with you? You seem different," I heard Sasuke's monotone voice. Flipping around so my back is on the ground, I looked up at him.

"I can't concentrate. I have to fight one of my closest friends for some silly exam. Frankly, I don't know how I could handle Akira so well," I said while staring up at the clouds. Naruto told me that Shikamaru does this often, and now I know why. It's really relaxing.

"Hn."

"Ryuu's probably thinking the same thing, although, I don't think like him."

"Hn."

"Maybe I should go and check on him. No, he probably doesn't want to talk to me since I'm his opponent. Who knows, maybe he could be training and automatically assume I was watching him and now knows all his abilities."

"Hn."

"If you say "hn" one more time, I'll rip out your vocal chords," I threatened. He smirked. Dad walked up to us.

"I don't think it's right for a couple to be threatening each other, don't you think?" he asked. I smiled and sat up.

"Naw, that's just me."

Suddenly, I felt a change in the atmosphere. Getting up to my feet, I put up a defensive stance.

"You can come out now. It doesn't help hiding when you're standing there, emitting so much blood lust," dad said. From behind a boulder came out a familiar mass of red hair, and familiar blood lust.

"Sasuke Uchiha," he addressed, "why do you seek strength? What's your motive?"

"That doesn't matter. You're in the way of my training, get lost," Sasuke replied.

"We have the same eyes. Eyes that seek power, and hold the intent to kill. Remember this, you are my prey," Gaara said ominously before turning around and walking away. I stared at his back, wondering why he came here. Surely, he didn't come here just to say that right?

"Alright, I guess that's enough for today. Tomorrow's a free day, so you don't have to train, got it?" dad asked. I nodded while getting up and stretched. Sasuke just walked away, not saying another word. I glanced at his retreating figure before gathering my stuff and heading to the hospital. I heard Lee was there, so I decided to visit him. Entering the doors, I asked for his room number.