12. camp day 4 part 3

We made it to the dining hall. There was a phone out the back in the kitchen. We just had to hope it would work. Eddie ran to the phone.

"Shit, shit, shit." I heard him yell.

"Eddie! There's another phone! Remember in the storage room?" I remembered back to capture the flag. There was a phone in the shed, probably for emergencies. Eddie appeared from the other room and shook his head at me.

"Liz, no. It's too dangerous and I am not losing you."

"Eddie, we don't have a choice." He sighed but nodded, he knew I was right. We ran out the back door, sprinting for the shed. We pulled open the door and shut it behind us. We stood trying to catch our breath for a moment. Eddie went to the phone and checked it. It worked. I sighed in relief. Eddie called the police. He told them people were being attacked and we needed police and ambulances. He spoke for a little while and I looked around the room. Some tools, sports equipment, chairs, tables. I picked up an axe. I tested how it felt in my hands.

"Liz, what are you doing?" I turned to face Eddie.

"it's just in case, okay?" He nodded and looked for his own weapon. He picked up a hammer. We sat on the floor holding our weapons.

"Hey Liz." Eddie said softly.

"Yeah Ed." He smiled at the name.

"You're really pretty and I really like you. I just wanted to let you know. Just in case." I blushed at his confession.

"We are not dying Eddie, you hear me?" I told him firmly.

"I just said it in case."

"Eddie, I like you too. A lot." He looked at me, grinning. He leant closer to me and gently held my chin. He looked into my eyes for a moment. He leaned his head down and kissed me softly. He pulled away after a second and I smiled at him.

"Shit, Roberts." He chuckled. I can't believe I just kissed Eddie Munson. I feel my face going red. I lean into Eddie, and he puts an arm around me. We sit like that for a while.

I remember my friends. I look at Eddie. I know he is going to hate what I'm about to say.

"We have to go back out there."

"Absolutely not Liz. I am not letting you go out there. It is way too dangerous."

"Eddie, Amanda and Jessica are out there. You can stay here if you want but I have to find them." I'm not the heroic or brave but I am very loyal, and I was not losing another friend.

"You are not going without me." Eddie stands up and we both walk to the door with our weapons raised. We step out and look around. Nothing. We slowly creep back through the woods. The shower block comes into sight, and we creep around it, backs against the wall.

"Amanda, Jessica." I whisper into the bathroom. A door creaks open and both girls step out of the stall looking terrified. They walk over to me.

"We have been hiding in the storage shed, Eddie and I. We called the police. We think it's safe in there." They nod and we start creeping back to the shed. Eddie in front. I follow right behind him. Jessica and Amanda cling to each other. I see a familiar body lying on the ground. Mitchell. I'm not sad to his mangled corpse but I'm not happy either. I turned my head. Eddie looked back at me, checking to see if I was okay. I gave him a slight nod and he turned his attention back to where he was going.