Ch. 2- The Human

Thousand year timeskip go BRRRRRRR-

TWs: Dizziness, A crappily written romance, mentioned death

Years, and years, and years passed. Lizzie wasn't exactly sure, but she thought she was nearly a thousand years old. Splash, unfortunately, passed away a long time ago. They weren't immortal, unlike the seablings, as the group had dubbed themselves. The seablings were still friends with Splash's descendants, though.

The seablings had also outgrown the little coral cave. They spread out to different parts of the reef, but still spent lots of time together. Lizzie became very interested in shipwrecks. Over time, she found different wrecks, and put together quite a collection of items in her home. Occasionally she would fantasize about going to live with the humans, but she knew she could never leave her family.

Jade and Cleo were trying to catalogue all the different species of fish in the reef, with the help of one of Splash's descendants, Bubble. Kelp and Jimmy had a project going on, trying to make coral grow into interesting shapes. All of them were very happy with their lives, despite the occasional dolphin telling them that since they're immortal, they must be gods. The seablings found this very annoying.

💮

"Hey, Lizzie!" Crest said. "Wake up! I saw a new shipwreck that you might want to check out."

"Okay, okay, I'm up." Lizzie swatted at him. The dolphin could get annoying sometimes, but he shared his ancestor's love of shipwrecks.

Lizzie followed Crest to the edge of the reef, where sure enough, there was a small shipwreck. It didn't look very new, though.

"Crest," Lizzie said. "This wreck looks like it's been here for years. Are you sure it's new?"

"Well," He looked unsure. "Maybe I haven't been here in a while. But neither have you!"

"Okay, let's go look."

They didn't find much of interest, other than a shiny rock. Lizzie took the rock, and by the time she got home, it was dark.

The next morning, Lizzie still didn't get to sleep in. This time, Cleo woke her up.

"Lizzie! Bubble's being very annoying, can you make her stop?"

"Cleo, you're being annoying. Make Crest deal with her, she's his sister."

"But you're my sister so you have to deal with me, and I want you to deal with her."

"Okay, let's go," Lizzie gave in, and swam out of her cave.

A few minutes later, after telling Bubble to be nice, Lizzie finally could be left alone. She decided to swim out to the shipwreck again, to see if she missed something. She was just getting to the outcropping that sunk the ship, when something blotted out the sun. Lizzie looked up, in terror. It was a large ship, about to crash!

Lizzie darted to the surface, yelling. "Hey, humans! Stop your ship! You're about to crash!" The humans must not have heard her. Lizzie tried again, louder. There was nothing she could do to stop it. The ship crashed.

Lizzie heard a scream as a human was launched off of the deck of the ship, into the water. Humans can't breathe water, Lizzie thought. He's going to drown! Lizzie propelled herself through the water, towards the human. She grabbed him and pulled him to safety on a small island. Then he kinda just laid there. Lizzie didn't really know what to do after a dramatic rescue, so she just sat and looked at him. He was pale, with dark hair that had a cool green streak. Lizzie realized this was weird, so she started attempting to wake him up.