Chapter 7- Slightly Odd...

It's been a month since I last updated this. I am very sorry that I've been writing so slowly. Thank you for putting up with this. And somehow this chapter ended up being mostly about Jimmy, and I did not initially intend it to be.

Also- Indigo, you wanted Jellie Pandas, and Jellie Pandas you shall get.

TWs: Breaking glass, very slight body horror, Jimmy being SO awkward

 "Are you ready to go on an AMOIZING tour, Jimmy?" Scar asked.

"Uh, yeah," Jimmy responded awkwardly. "I honestly am really excited, to be honest."

"Well, that's a lot of honesty."

"Okay, okay! I know I can't grammar. Let's just get on with the tour."

"Alright, let's go!" Scar gestured for Jimmy to follow him. "This," He gestured to the grand building in front of them. "Is the Oasis Palace." The palace was made of sandstone, with intricate oak decorations, and had one tall tower. Lanterns and banners were hung on the corners of the roof sections, making it look warm and joyful.

"Woah," Jimmy gasped. "It's so BIG. And very tan."

"Well, this is a desert, the castle has to match."

"Yes, I know that!"

"Okay, let's move on," Scar turned and dashed in a different direction. "Race you there!"

"WHA-! You didn't even tell me where we're going!" Jimmy had to sprint to catch up to the mischievous king, and by the time he did, Scar had stopped again. Many colorful booths selling various goods surrounded them, many scents were in the air, and noises of commerce pierced the desert's calm.

"This is the marketplace," Scar had to raise his voice to be heard. "Let's move on."

"But this place is cool," Jimmy protested, but Scar was already walking away.

It was quite a while before they stopped again. When Jimmy asked where the tour was going next, Scar simply responded with, "You'll see." Jimmy didn't get any other response from Scar, and his thoughts wandered all over the place. They eventually came to a fancy, fenced-in area, with a sign saying Wildlife Preserve.

"Okay, we are here!" Scar announced.

"Oh, cool," Jimmy tried to seem cheerful, but he was a tiny bit preoccupied with thinking about a conversation he had had with Scott earlier. He banished the thought from his mind. "Wildlife preserve? I love animals!"

"Yeah!" Scar opened the gate, ushered Jimmy through, and closed it behind the two of them. The place was beautiful. Bamboo grew all around, and a group of pandas clustered around a waterfall and crystal-clear lake in the center. "This is the Jellie reserve."

"Scar, these are pandas."

"No, they're giant Jellies!"

"Like your cat?"

"Yeah, but big!"

Jimmy patted one of the pandas on the head. "I don't like cats very much. They creep me out. They always watch me, like they want to eat me or something. But, I do like these. Because these ones are not cats, they are pandas."

"How dare you say such a thing!"

Jimmy fed one of the pandas a piece of bamboo. "Okay, whatever. They're Jellies. But why do they eat bamboo, then?"

"They're just special like that."

"Okay, because that makes sense."

Scar didn't respond. He had gotten distracted by petting one of the pandas. After a few minutes, he finally spoke up. "Jimmy, do you want to go swimming?"