Chapter 27 - honest words

Perrie POV

I ring the doorbell once, twice, three times - but no response. I see light shining and yet she doesn't deem it necessary to come to the door. I call her, but she won't answer. So I knock. Loudly and forcefully, punctuated by my angry voice:

"Jes, open the damn door, right now!"

But again, nothing.

"Jessica, I swear to God, you open this fucking door or I'll kick it down. I mean it!"

So still nothing comes, I knock for a whole minute until finally the door opens.

"Jesus, Perrie, what the hell. Get in here before the neighbours call the police," Jesy says quietly, but I just barge in, staying true to my loud speaking voice.

"What's your problem?", I immediately blurt out.

"I'm not interested in seeing you," she replies snappishly. "So you might as well leave, really."

"Yeah, I noticed that. Two weeks I haven't seen or heard from you," I reply shaking my head in dissapointment. "Why?"

"Isn't it obvious?" she pretends I should understand her behaviour on my own.

"Apparently not. I get that you're mad at me, probably at Jade too," which makes her gasp in disbelief, but I don't care. "Doesn't excuse not showing up for a whole two weeks when your friend and bandmate is in a coma, though."

"Oh, now it's about the fucking band all of a sudden?!" she asks, aghast, to which I completely lose my cool.

"You're fucking serious? It's ALWAYS about the fucking band!", I yell, distraught. "Jade and I broke up because of the band. We tried to get away from each other because of the band. Jade hid her fucking cancer because of the band...You think I wanted all that? I wanted to bring her home and nurse her back to health right away and cancel the stupid tour, but she resisted. BECAUSE OF THE FUCKING BAND!"

"In the process, she's forgotten all these years what OUR band has always been about," she just returns, unimpressed by my outburst.

"And that would be?"

"God damn honesty!" she yells now too. "You guys have been lying to us for months! MONTHS!  And not only did it fucking hurt, it caused a huge rift. I don't trust you anymore and you have only yourselves to blame for that. Leigh-Anne is too much of a sweetheart to be honest, but I'm not. I've had enough!"

"She's sorry, okay? You can't imagine how much. She just couldn't say it and she's totally beating herself up for it now," I explain forcefully.

"She's a coward," Jesy counters without looking at me.

"Yeah, she was a coward. She's just fucking scared," I explain further.

"And you're a fucking liar," she continues, her eyes as dark as I've rarely seen them.

The show must go onOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara