Chapter 38 - read it

Narrator POV

After this intimate conversation, sleep was unthinkable. They did lie back on the couch, trying to close their eyes and make the most of the last few hours of the night, but there was no chance of quieting their minds. They both just lay awake, tossing and turning, before deciding to use one of Perrie's tactics and watch the film of the last tour.

When the sun was finally up, telling them that they had survived that horrible night and that morning had dawned, they didn't flinch and quickly got dressed to make their way back to the hospital as soon as possible. They all know that every second with Jade is precious and valuable and should be used. So they think nothing of it when they rumble into the room early in the morning and Leigh looks at them with sleepy eyes.

"Why the hell are you waking us up all the time?" she complains, rubbing her tired eyes, yawning fervently and then glancing at Jade, who is still keeping her eyes tightly shut.

"Someone here was longing," Jesy explains in a whisper.

She quickly grabs a chair and sits on the other side, just barely resisting the temptation to take her hand and instead just stares at her so as not to wake her. Still, it's not long before Jade's eyes flutter open, as if sensing Perrie's presence and aura.

"Morning," she croaks out, smiling sleepily at her. That alone is enough to make Perrie jump up. Emotional as she is, she can't hold on and quickly presses a kiss to Jade's lips, grabbing her face with her hands and disengaging only to look deep into her eyes, soaking in every pore.

"Was the dream that bad?" Jade asks with a tired laugh, to which Perrie replies, albeit half-heartedly. The dream was so real, felt so real, that it's almost unreal for her to see Jade in front of her, to be able to touch her, to be able to kiss her, to be able to look into her eyes, to hear her talk, to see her laugh.

"The worst one yet," she's honest, it's never hard with her.

"Come here," Jade whispers without thinking twice about it and Perrie doesn't need to be asked a second time. She climbs onto the bed, lies down beside her, holds her in her arms and presses herself tightly against her. In an instant she already feels better, calmer, more secure.

"We'd better leave you to it," Jesy whispers then, feeling like she's intruding on a very intimate moment, but Jade shakes her head.

"Wait," she holds them both back, earning two questioning looks. "What time is it?" she asks.

"8 am," Jesy replies.

"Sam's coming over soon," Leigh explains, which prompts more questions, but she quickly follows up with, "We wanted to discuss something with you, but I think we'll just wait for Sam. Then we'll only have to say it once."

"What's it about?" asks Perrie quickly, always far too curious.

"An idea we had," Jade explains, letting it be known from her tone that she won't say anything else until Sam is there too.