"Love Clinic"

Childe and his girlfriend Lumine, and her twin brother Aether, were at the local movie theater. Aether was waiting for his own boyfriend, Xiao. Both teens were excited to be in the presence of their future. The pair was not too surprised that another couple also joined them. Two girls, whose identities were not known, slipped into the dark theater. They made themselves comfortable beside Aether and Childe. The two couples began to talk, and then to kiss. Then Childe was the first to break the silence.

He was wondering what to call his boyfriends, he reasoned that with names like Aether and Xiao, and different last names from each other, he couldn't decide on a single name. Maybe just one name, he said, could be used. It was a good idea, Lumine told him.

Childe was quiet for a moment, then realized what he had said. "Aether and Xiao! I've never heard you say the names together before. It's so... romantic!" he said. He then proceeded to name his two sons, and his stepson. Childe went on to name the sisters' brother, the friend who had helped them with their car, the others in the room, and the two boys, who he didn't know by name. The names were not unique, yet they were each so different.

The lovers didn't seem to care what Childe called his partners. They didn't even notice his choice of names, and they were too caught up in their affection for each other to be embarrassed.Little did Childe know that the following day, on Feb. 3rd, his girlfriend would meet her future husband, or would be forced to join the large number of people in this world who were 'crazy enough to fall in love and marry each other.'

Despite the wonderful tale told by Mrs. Nguyen, most readers will look at the above tale with a smile on their faces, having been introduced to the 'Sweethearts,' and the 'Love Clinic.' For many, this is the first such story about a queer romance, or lovers. Readers will, as they gain more of an understanding of what the clinic means to those who are welcomed there, become even more surprised and amused by it.

You can see the first time, when the therapist tells Childe, "I'm pleased you like your boy [Xiao]. I like gay boys. They are the best."

You can see the whole three hours of the clinic, one day, the first day of Childe's visit, on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dRQLRZKkZ4 (Don't actually click this, it isn't real)

"Falling in love is something that no one can truly understand." The therapist, Yae Miko tells Childe. "For example, my girlfriend Ei and I have been together for 4 years, and we have always been in love. I thought that was what 'normal' love was. I was wrong.

"There are so many kinds of love in the world. Love for your family and friends, your country and its people, your faith, your nation, your pets, your music, your books, your profession, your students, etc.

"But what if one day, you are introduced to the most beautiful, most wonderful, loving, caring, true form of love, and you realize you've never felt it before. What if one day, you realize you have fallen in love with someone, and they with you?"

This is a story that reveals much of the beauty of the queer community, including all those who are safe, loved, and are allowed to be themselves. And we hope you love it as much as we do.

~The End~