Chapter 2: Avoiding Tragedy

Vie has been on high spirits since recieving the news of Diana's pregnancy. Claude has been a bit more merciful lately because of it but should his patience be pushed to the limit...well they will be on the recieving end of his sword.

Lily has been given strict orders by the two blondes not to stress her mistress and to monitor her foods and drinks since the other concubines have caught wind of her pregnancy. Knowing that these wenches are either jealous or angry, the two are just being cautious of her safety. However since Vie is a paranoid woman she ordered her most trusted and highly skilled knights to protect her sweet sister.

However while Vie was doing her paperwork she suddenly remembered something. "FUCK! With everything that's happend I forgot that Diana dies once she gives birth to Athy..." Now some of you might be confused of what she means by that. Also no she is not a seer that can see the future for you see this isin't exactly her first life this is actually her second one.

On her first life she was 29 year old half Filipino-American woman who works for a pharmaceutical company in the USA and her hobbies were reading books and manhwas or manga. She read the story of the Lovely Princess and felt bad of how Athanasia was treated and angry at how Claude treated her own daughter. Sadly she died of over work and suddenly woke up as a baby in Obelia and you already know what happend afterwards.

Vie has nearly forgotten everything from her past life now. However everything went back to the fore front of her mind because of Diana's pregnancy. "SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! I should check her condition right now." Vie stood up from her chair and teleported to Diana's room but what greeted her was Diana crying while Claude held her arms tightly.

"CLAUDE DE ALGER OBELIA IS THAT HOW YOU TREAT YOUR PREGNANT LOVER BY HOLDING HER ARMS TIGHTLY TILL IT'S BRUISED!" When Claude heard his sister he immediately let Diana go and moved away from her when he looked at Vie he flinched. His sister was looking at him angrily and her mana is fluctuating in the air a sign that she was not happy with him.

"Now will you tell me why you are harming my sister to the point that you want to physically hit her." Vie asked her brother calmly even though she is far from calm "It's the baby...since it has a large amount of mana and its slowly killing her...so I asked her to abort the baby and cho-"

*SLAP!*

Claude stopped talking when his sister slapped him hard acrrosed his face and Vie looked at him contempt visible from her face while Diana just stood there horrified and feeling guilty since the siblings were fighting because of her and her baby.

"Are you hearing yourself is this how a father and a lover should act? You want a mother to abort her baby? HER BABY?! And for what? Because you can't find a way to save both of them and your immediate thought was to kill your child? YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD! Are you that incompetent that you could not have thought to have researched our extensive library or approched me since I know how to save both mother and child? I AM A POWERFUL SORCERESS FOR HEAVENS SAKE!" Vie lectured his brother while she approched Diana and placed her hand on her belly.

Light covered her hand and the belly was illuminated. 5 minutes later Vie retracted her hand from her belly and looked at Diana. "Tell me are you feeling lighter and refreshed now?" Diana took a minute to answer in order to feel her body if she was and to her surprised she did so she nodded.

"That's good and don't be afraid dear what I did was just sealed your baby's magic since it was to much for you and her little body. The seal will slowly release her mana everytime she age up this will monitor how much mana the baby can take and the seal will slowly give the child that amount of mana." Diana looked very relieved and tears were streaming down her face.

"Thank you Vie you saved us, I don't know how to repay you for this." Vie just shooked her head "Repay me by being healthy and keeping my little niece or nephew healthy that's payment enough." Vie then looked at her brother with a cold expression "As for you get out of this room I don't want Diana being stressed because of your presence." Claude looked hurt by her sister's words and turned to Diana but the woman won't meet his eyes so he just left.

"Since its come to this my knights won't be enough to protect you since now I can't trust my brother to be near you at the moment. Is it alright if I leave one of my familiars to guard you sis?" Vie asked Diana if her suggestion was acceptable "Of course do you have any familiar in mind?" Vie just smiled and nodded.

"Come to me my trusted companion your mistress needs you, show yourself King of Winter, Wolf of the North Boreas!" A bright light shined in the room when it dimmed there stood Boreas Vie's wolf familiar. He had a beautiful silver and blue fur with beautiful icy blue eyes.

"Mistress how may I help you?" Boreas asked Vie confused since she only summons him when there is danger. "In light of recent events I can't trust my brother anywhere near my good sister Boreas and since my knights are not powerful enough to stop Claude should he approach Diana again, so I have to rely on you dear friend to protect my sister and the child in her womb not only from Claude but from those who want to harm the both of them." Vie told her familiar with a sad tone.

Boreas approached Vie and nuzzled her hand to offer a bit of comfort. "You have my word Vie no one can ever hurt them while I'm here that's a promise." Vie smiled and Boreas went to the Diana to greet her "It's an honor to meet you lady Diana." Diana smiled and pet Boreas head "I will be in your care from now on Boreas until Vie deems that I'm no longer in danger."

"Well I need to go now sis I have to finish all of the paperwork that need my attention. God only knows how much I want to burn them in the fire place." Diana laughed at her antics and Vie just kissed Diana's cheek and left her room what she did not expect that Claude was outside the door with Felix Robane.

Vie merely looked at him and turned his attention to Felix. "Make sure to keep an eye on your master Felix he seems to do stupid things these days and I don't want rumours circulating that our powerful emperor has become a nitwit." With that said she walked pass them not waiting for Felix to reply and was about to turn right when she stopped.

"I know you heard us and know that Boreas is now looking after Diana. Do not worry he will not outright attack you. He will only move into action when he sees that you are making Diana uncomfortable or that you do something that could harm her. So you better fix the mess you made brother I don't want my niece or nephew to come into this world where his/her parents not on good terms." After that she left the two alone and giving Claude much to think about.