Chapter 13: Horrible News

Athy was reading a book about politics since she wants to learn what laws govern their empire, also she is the crown princess it is necessary she knows these things.

*BANG*

Athy jumped up from her seat and dropped her book when she heard her door open with a loud sound. She looked over to see who it was and her face became anxious. It was Lory but her face was sad.

"What's wrong Lory why are you sad? Also where's Tia?" Athy asked but Lory just stiffened and the blond girl noticed that.

"What's wrong with Tia? Is she sick? Did someone harm her? Come on Lory tell me?" Athy asked in desperate tone worried for her red haired friend.

Lory just went near Athy and gave her a hug while burrying her face in her neck. Athy reciprocated and comforted her friend.

"Tia is fine Athy...it's...uncle Gallahan he's ill Athy and there's no cure for it. However Estria one of the people that our family sponsors has been trying to creat a cure." Lory told her and Athy was crushed.

Her friend was going through a difficult time and she might lose her only parent. She could not allow that to happen and she liked her uncle Gallahan he was very nice.

"Did they just discovered it just now?" Athy asked Lory but the brunette shooked her head.

"They found out three days ago and they have been looking for a cure since. Tia told me though since she trust me but she asked me not to tell you since she didn't want you to worry." Lory answered her

"That's stupid of course I'm going to worry she's my friend. Tia needs us right now, why don't we go back to your place and let's take auntie with us." Athy told Lory her idea.

"But will your father agree to you going so far away?" Lory asked concerned with her friends idea.

"He will with mommy and auntie's help he will allow me to leave. So let's hurry there's no time to waste." Athy said and dragged her friend out of her room.

The two girls ran and stopped on a big white door. Athy knocked two times and entered. Diana noticed ger daughter and smiled while Felix gave the girls a little wave. Meanwhile Claude was busy talking to Vie about political matters.

"Papa can I go to the Lombardi estate today?" Athy asked which prompted Claude to look at Athy.

"What are you going to do there Athy?" Claude asked confused at her daughters request.

"Comfort a friend and besides auntie is going to be coming with me." Vie wasn't surprised of what her niece said since she has a hunch on what's the purpose of this sudden visit.

Claude contemplated for a moment but one look at Diana's pleading eyes and Athy's determined look he just sighed and nodded which made Athy smile and ran to her father and gave him a hug. Athy grabbed her friend again and went back to her room to change.

Vie prepared their carriage and told the coachman that brought Lorraine here to go back first since Lorraine will be riding with them. The coachman nodded and left. When their carriage was ready all that's missing is Lorraine amd Athy.

It didn't take long though she saw Athy and Lorraine running towards her. But Athy being Athy tripped on a rock luckily Vie was able to catch her.

"Are you alright Athy?" Lory asked worried for her friend.

"I'm alright I just tripped on a rock. My clumsiness is acting up again." Athy answered her friend which made the brunette laugh.

"Come on you two let's go." Vie told the girls and the two went inside followed by Vie.