Chapter 3: Reconcile Part 1

Claude has been trying to talk to Diana for 2 weeks now but she either avoids him or ask's him to leave her alone. He knows that he fucked up hell even he felt guilty of what he asked her to do. Claude also knows that he was not thinking straight when he said that to her since he was more concerned that Diana was on the brink of death because of their baby.

He tried to approach her once even though she told him not to go near her and let's just say it did not end well for him.

FLASHBACK

Claude was in the Ruby Palace gardens since he knew that Diana would be out in here at this time of the day. He saw her sitting in a picnic blanket with her trusted companion Lilian York and his sister's familiar. As he was approaching Boreas looked in his direction sensing his presence which prompted him to stand up and just look at him.

This action caused the two women to be alerted of his presence. Lilian curtsied while Diana just avoided his gaze and put her hands on her belly as if to protect it from him. Which broke his heart for his lover to do that she must really not trust him not to harm their baby.

"Diana I think it's time we talk I...want to try and fix what I did to you and our baby." Diana just shooked her head looked at him with an expressionless face. "There is nothing to talk about your majesty you made your feelings perfectly clear to me. If Vie had not prevented me from dying from child birth I know that you would have killed our child. The proof of our love MY love to you Claude. So please just leave me alone for now I'll come to you once I'm ready to face you again so for now please...just...leave."

His eyes were filled with unshed tears as his love doesn't want him anywhere near her. "Diana please forgive me I...I was just overwhelmed with the sense of sadness at the thought of you leaving me. I didn't mean anything that I said though I was not thinking clearly." Claude said as he was trying to get near her but stopped in his tracks when a tall and thick wall of ice stopped his approach.

"Did you not hear what my lady said she asked you to leave her alone. Or have you gone deaf Emperor of Obelia? I hope that you will not continue any further otherwise I may be forced to attack you." Boreas warned Claude in a cold and harsh tone. Claude tried to destroy the barrier with his magic but it was impenitrable.

He stiffened when he felt the Wolf of the Norths mana flare up another warning not to push the familiars patience with him. However Claude was determined to fix his relationship with Diana so he continued his assult on the ice wall. When Boreas noticed that Diana was getting more and more afraid he moved into action. The wolf attacked the emperor with a powerful blizzard that flung the emperor back.

Felix who was with the emperor from the very beginning was torn not knowing what he should do. He knows as the emperors personal knight he should help him and defend him from danger. However he also knows that Claude was at fault here and that it was incredibly selfish and cruel of him to ask lady Diana to kill her own child. So the crimson knight decided to not intervene and just watch.

"I warned you already that I will attack you should you force your way here. No matter what you do this wall can never be broken nor be melt, it will only disappear should I will it. Your lucky I've only attacked you with a weak blizzard, now I will ask you in behalf of my lady LEAVE!" When Boreas said the word leave he made sure to release a bit of his mana to make his point across.

Even though for the wolf it was only a small portion of his mana being released for the others it was a very large amount. However Boreas made sure that the mana was only affecting the emperor and not the others especially the heavily pregnant blonde woman. Claude stood up and looked at the wolf when he saw that it was not backing down he just sighed and turned around and left with Felix following behind him.

END OF FALSHBACK

Remembering that incident he just sighed since then he hasn't approach Diana but he was only watching her from afar. He was glad that she was healthy and has a powerful protector protecting her. It just hurts him that she was being protected from him but he knows she can't blame her nor his sister's precaution.

Speaking of the grand duchess Claude has even yet to speak let alone see his sibling since she made it her personal mission to avoid him entirely. He didn't dare to try and speak to her since he knows that when his sister avoids him it usually means she is still furious with him.

So he just decided to send the two a lot of gifts everyday to at least appease the both of them enough that they might finally speak to him and he can finally fix the mess he made. It took nearly a month and a half before Diana came into his office finally ready to talk to him.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Enter"

The door opened and Diana entered the emperor's office with her now noticeable baby bump. When Claude saw her he was elated she was finally willing to talk to him. He wanted to hug her but before he could stand up Diana shook her head saying no to what he was about to do.

So he sat down while Diana sat on the couch there was an awkward silence on the room and neither one of them wanted to talk. When the silence became so over bearing Diana finally found the courage to speak. "I don't know where to start...but know that I have already forgiven you. It only took me this long to talk to you because I want to find the answer and the reason why you acted the way that you did."

Claude just looked at her not interrupting what she wants to say. "I'm glad that your love and devotion is so strong that the thought of my death scares you. But it also proves to me that you are not ready to be a father and that should I have died from child birth I know that you will kill our child afterwards."

"However I also can't blame you for that since your own father from what you have told me was never affectionate to you and add to the fact the empress did not like you didn't help either. I know that what you told me before was only driven by fear and I would like to give you a chance Claude. Let's learn how to be a good mother and father to our child together."

Whem Diana finished her speech Claude had tears in his eyes. He felt relieved that Diana finally forgave him and happy that Diana wanted to discover how to be good parents with him. "Can I sit right next to you?" Diana nodded and Claude moved over to her and sat down on her left.

"I know that what I said was cruel and heartless of me and that I'm not the kindest person but know that I don't ever regret creating this beautiful miracle that is inside you right now. I promise you that I will learn to be a good father and lover for you and our child." Claude declared to Diana while caressing her belly. The two decided to seal their promise with a sweet and passionate kiss.

A/N:

Hi everyone I hope all of you will enjoy this chapter. English is my second language so I'll apologize in advance for the wrong spelling and wrong grammars 😅.