Chapter 9: Meeting the Magician

"Athy your looking a bit glum dear, what's wrong?" Vie asked Athy

The little girl put down her fork with a slice of cake in it. She looked at her aunt not sure of what to say. Vie just waited for her niece to speak since she knows it's her insecurities again.

"I'm just thinking that what if mom didn't survive the birth?, what if your not here? Will daddy hate me again? Will Jenette take everyt-" Vie cut off her niece's little tirade by putting her index finger on her lips.

"If you want an honest answer...yes if Diana did not survive and I'm not here...then yes your going to experience everything again. However that didn't happen though and I'm here to make sure that what happend in the Lovely Princess will never happen to you." Vie assured her little niece.

Athy got out of her chair and hugged her aunt. Having her here and her also being a reincarnator really helps her a lot. Since she knows that she's not alone in this battle of her's.

"How are you and Vermillion getting along?" Vie asked her niece while Athy sat on her lap and kept eating the sweets.

"We're getting along super well, he's quite protective though auntie and sometimes it's nice and sometimes it's annoying." Athy complained

Vie laughed Vermillion is the phoenix familiar that she gave to Athy when she was born. Claude wanted Felix to be her protector but Vie told him that Felix can't be with her 24/7. So to recitify this she gave her niece a familiar and the one that bonded to her was a phoenix which is fitting since they are immortal creatures.

"That's how familiars are at least you only have to put up with 1. I on the other hand have 4 and sometimes it causes me a headache." Athy giggled and agreed with her aunt.

"Your right, I should be thankful that Vermillion isin't like Boreas." Vie just sighed and played with Athy's hair.

"Hey auntie how's the progress of finding me a friend?" Vie beamed and put her cup down.

"Actually I already found you a friend. Her name is Florentia Lombardi daughter the third son of Lord Rulak Lombardi." Vie told her niece and Athy's eyes went wide.

"Wait isin't she from the story 'I will be the Matriach in this Life!" Athy exclaimed shocked that she's going to be her friend.

"Well she isin't the only friend your going to have. Her cousin Lorraine Lombardi will also be your playmate." Vie informed her niece.

"I'm fine with that though isin't Lorraine the daughter of that douche bag Viese and that bitch Selal." Vie thankfully hasn't sipped her tea yet other wise she would have spit it all out.

"Yes dear but please don't ever say those words in front of your parents. I do not want to recieve a lecture from them." Vie pleaded with her niece which Athy just answered with a laugh.

"Anyways Athy where is Vermillion I haven't seen him since I've arrive here." Vie asked her niece while looking around to see if she can find the bird anywhere.

"I don't know let me just telepathically talk to him." Athy told her aunt.

Closed her eyes and connected with her phoenix.

"Vermillion where are you?" Athy asked his familiar

"Mistress HELP ME! A magician has captured me and is trying to absorb my mana!" Vermillion exclaimed clearly in distress.

"Don't worry I'm on my way." Athy told him and immediately opened her eyes.

"Auntie we have to hurry Vermillion is in trouble a magician is trying to absorb his mana." Vie got off her aunt's lap.

Athy dragged her aunt into the direction of where she can feel Vermillion is through their link.

"Wait if it's a magician then it must be lucas dear." Vie told her while following her niece

"I'm telling you right now Athy I do not like that wizard." Vie said to her niece.

"Well I don't really like him right now simce he is basically trying to kill my friend." Athy said to her aunt.

When they reach their destination Vie immediately produced lightning in her palm and aimed it in the magicians direction. Lucas saw the lightning spell but was too slow to avoid it so he got hit and was flung back and hit a tree in a huge impact.

Athy approach her familiar and gave it a tight hug.

"Are you alright? Did he absorb too much of your mana?" Athy asked worried for her friend.

"I'm fine Athy however he got a bit of my mana but it's not something I can replenish just by resting." Vermillion said to Athy to ease her worries.

"Thank God I was afraid that I lost you." Athy told her bird friend and petted his head.

When the two turned their heads, they saw Vie holding the magician tightly by the neck and her eyes was glowing brightly.

"I didn't know that magicians can't recognize a familiar from a mana beast. Tell me why should I spare your miserable little life?" Vie asked the magician in the most sarcastic tone that Athy has heard.

"I was...only trying to replenish my mana...I thought that the familiar was not bonded. Forgive me it was an honest mistake." Lucas explained while trying to free himself from Vie's iron tight grip.

Vie didn't believe him but he can't kill the bastard either since he has a use. So with a heavy heart she let him go...by throwing him roughly into the ground. Lucas was holding his neck while taking big gulps of air.

Vie step back and obscured her little niece from the magicians view. She created a magic cage to trap him until she knows he is somewhat trust worthy.

"Now you better answer my question magician or else I will not hesitate to kill you where you stand. Who are you?" Vie demanded from him even though she already knows who he is.

"I'm Lucas the Magician of the Black Tower." Lucas answered Vie and for the first time in his life he was afraid of something.

"And pray tell why a magician is here in the palace grounds of the royal family?" Vie hissed at Lucas since she was still very angry with the wizard.

"I don't know all I know is that I slept for a very long time." Lucas told her honestly.

"Well little wizard why are you even asleep in the first place." Vie asked again

"Because my mana was taken from me by a brat that dabbled with black magic." Lucas answered but not fully giving her the full truth.

Vie already knows who the brat that Lucas said that dabbled with black magic. But he doesn't need to know that does he. Vie just looked at him with cold calculated eyes debating on what to do with him. Athy peaked behind her aunt to see Lucas and the eyes of the two locked on each other.

"Is this the brat that is bonded with that loud pesky bird?" Lucas asked Vie with no filter on his mouth.

Athy frowned but was more worried for the idiot since she can feel her aunt's mana rising. Lucas on the other hand realized his mistake cause his face paled immediately. Vie just gave Lucas a maniacal smile.

"You really have no regards for your life don't you? I might as well have my fun torturing you and that filthy mouth of yours." Vie said to Lucas while producing a potent lightning bolts on her hands.

"Athy why don't you and Vermillion go ahead, I'm just going to have my fun with our little guest here." Vie told her niece and Athy nodded and gave her aunt a hug before running away with  Vermillion out of there.

"AHHHHHHHH!"

While they were running screams could be heard through out the forest. Athy just winced while her friend just grinned. Athy really wanted to feel sorry for the guy but she couldn't bring herself to care. Since she nearly killed her friend.

"AHHHH...STOP PLEASE...IT HUR-AHHHH!"