Chapter 6: Familiar Face

It has been 3 days now since Athanasia or Athy as her family calls her has been born. Now Vie has to leave for Arlanta to check if her estate and territories are fine and if everything is going smoothly. The family of 3 were stood outside the Garnet Palace to see Vie off.

"Be careful Vie and don't do something reckless." Diana advised her since Vie tends to put herself in danger a lot. "Yes Di, I promise besides even if I am in danger no one can even touch me." Vie told her and gave her a brief hug.

Vie then turned her attention to the father-daughter duo. Claude has been holding Athy since he woke up and has yet to let her go ever since. Vie always teases her brother saying "Aww aren't you a clingy father Claude...you might develop a daughter complex." To which Claude would vehemently denies but no one believes it since he always has a grin on his face everytime he says it.

"Try not to torture anyone while your in Arlanta sis and be careful on your way there." Claude said to her and Vie just made a peace sign. "I will try, though you never know what will happen." Claude just nodded at Vie's response.

Vie reached for her niece and Claude gave her to his sister. Vie held her close and nuzzled her cheeks. "Aunt Genevieve is going to be gone for a week little one, so be good to your mama and papa ok?" Athy just made baby noises and Vie took that as a yes with one last kiss to the cheek she hand Athy over to Diana and went inside the carriage and left for Arlanta.

FAST FORWARD

When Vie arrived the house hold staff was there to greet her.

"Welcome back your highness."

"Thank you everyone I hope there weren't any incidents while I was gone?" Vie asked to which the staff just shook their head no.

She immediately went into her office to see if there was any additional papers that needed her attention. She saw that there were only a couple of papers so she immediately went to work.

An hour later there was a knock on the door.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Come in"

The door opened and came in the head butler with a tray of lippe tea and some snacks. He served her tea which Vie happily took and took a sip and grab a bite of the macaroons.

"Thank you for the tea and snacks Francis, the macaroons are delicious." Francis bowed pleased that his mistress enjoyed the snack.

"I'm happy to hear that your highness. Though I hoped that you would leave this office for a while. All you do once you arrive here is work, I believe it would be good for you to relax and see the city once in a while." As much as Vie wanted to refute that statement it is true. She hasn't seen much of Arlanta ever since she became it's grand duchess.

"Very well but to save myself the trouble I should check our borders first to see if some mercenaries or bandits have decided to cause a ruckus again. If I see that everything is in order then I will explore the city." Francis just sighed in defeat his mistress is too much of a workaholic it worries him sometimes.

Once everyhting was done Vie left the estates and checked each of the borders of her teritory which basically translates to the entire region of Arlanta. Most of the borders were fine but the north and western borders were a bit more complicated since these were the places that bandits and mercinaries come and go.

So to solve this issue she surrounded the entire region of Arlanta with a barrier that would protect it from attacks and intruders as well as any spies that may enter her lands. This would also kick out any person who was already inside, if they have ill intentions towards Arlanta or it's people.

Finish with her work she disguised her appearance and teleported herself on the city. She has to admit the city was breath taking and the economy was flourishing. Many people were getting jobs and didn't have to worry about money too much. Of course this didin't mean that there wasn't poverty it's just steadily decreasing over the years after Claude took power.

Vie truly enjoyed herself from seeing beautiful scenery to buying delicious food and trinkets as a gift to her family when she returns. However she accidentally bumped into someone.

*THUD*

She immediately balanced herself before she could fall to the ground. She was about to apologize but froze in her place when she saw the person that bump into her.

"SHIT! To think I'd see this piece of shit here." Vie thought to herself she immediately composed herself before the person could see any sort of expression on her.

"Are you alright my lady?" The man asked her. "Yes, I apologize for bumping into you." Vie said to the man. "It's alright my lady it was my fault too." The man said while giving her smile

Vie knows this man is trouble she can feel a massive amount of black magic coming from him. Which makes her sick since black magic is the most disgusting branch of magic to exist.

"I have to go now since I have errands to do it was a pleasure talking to you." Vie said lying through her teeth. The man just nodded and so Vie left.

When Vie was out of sight the man gave a sigh of relief. He could feel the tension leave his body, he didn't know who that lady was but he knew she was powerful.

"Be wary of that woman I could feel tremendous amount of pure mana on her." A voice told the man. "I know that you fool there's no need to repeat something I already know." With that the man left.

Meanwhile Vie returned to the mansion and plopped herself into her bed. She processed everything that happend today and started to laugh not because she was starting to lose her sanity, no but because things will soon start to become very interesting.

Vie asked the elements to report to her every week to monitor that man. She really doesn't care what activities that man does on the daily basis. As long as she knows what he is doing and that she can plan her next course of action. That bastard may provide her entertainment but he is also very dangerous to her family.

"I hope you won't disapoint me Anastacius."