Chapter 17: Eastern Empire

Since Athy was now introduced in the social circles. She has been getting a lot of invitations of attending many noble ladies tea parties. However she was meticulous in picking which one to attend. Since she wants allies that she can trust and also have influnce in the empires politics.

Meanwhile Claude, Diana and Vie recieved an invitation from Navier.

Princess Genevieve,

     I would like to invite you to the up coming new year's ball of the of the eastern empire. I would be honored if you could attend cousin.

                                                                Love
                                            Empress Navier

"Will you be attending Claude, Diana?" Both monarchs shook their heads no.

"As much as I would love to see Navier, I am not comfortable with being near an emperor as fickle as Soveshu." Vie noded understanding her sister's reason.

"How about you Claude will you come with me?" Vie saw that her brother was conflicted.

"I don't know sister on one hand I want to attend and see how are cousin fare's. However if I did see that bastard I might actually kill him." Claude told his sister and Vie too knew that her brother was not jesting.

"I think you should attend love it would mean a lot to Navier that the both of you are there to support her should the rumours of a divorce is true." Diana urged her husband.

"Alright I will go but will you be alright? These dogs might bare their fangs since I'm not here." Diana laughed at her husbands worries.

"Oh don't worry Felix is with me and I know that sister already asked Boreas to be my additional protection." Vie just gave a peace sign knowing she got caught.

"Guilty as charge anyway let's go and pack Claude." Claude nodded and the two siblings went to their respective rooms to prepare for their journey.
_________________________________________

Navier can't focus on the problems that is on the paper. Her thought's were on the invitation cards she sent to her cousin's. The eastern empress won't deny that having her family here would mean so much to her.

"Your majesty the Obelian royal carriage is fast approaching. We should go now to greet the royal entourage." Navier noded at her lady in waiting and left.

When she got there she saw that Soveshu was already there. Navier could see that he was nervous and the empress could not help but smile.

"Serves you right you little piece of shit." Navier thought to herself.

"Make way for his majesty Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia and her highness Princess Genevieve de Alger Obelia." The herald announced and everyone curtsied except Soveshu ajd Navier.

The royal siblings approched the couple and Vie immediately hugged Navier.

"How I missed you Navie still as elegant as ever." Vie complimented which made Navier smile.

"It's good to see you to cousin even after all these years you're still as beautiful as ever." Vie just shrug and kissed Navier cheek before turning her attention on Soveshu who was greeting her brother.

"Emperor Claude it is an honor to have you here thank you for coming." Claude just stood their silently not even bothering to respond.

Soveshu was uncomfortable with how the Obelian emperor was just staring at him. It's as if he was holding himself back from lunging at him with his sword. Which indicated to Soveshu that they must have heard about the rumours that he was planning on divorcing Navier.