Chapter 20: Family Reunion

The entire Obelian royal family is excited since today all of their relatives will be coming here for their family reunion. Of course they all saw each other during Navier amd Heinly's wedding in the Western Empire.

However it was only for a short time so they all planned this little reunion for a while now. They were all contemplating in gathering in the West since they would love to see the newly established empire. As well as to get to know Heinly a bit further.

But some of them protested though saying that the reunions were always held in Obelia ever since Claude became emperor. Vie was just astounded that it became a bloody tradition that they host it. However she doesn't have any complaints since she could continue her search for Anastacius location.

The winds were able to track him but sometimes they couldn't feel where he is. Which indicated that the little rat knew he was being watched. Well she wasn't worried since the coward would not try and attack them here in the palace.

Of course Vie wouldn't leave it to chance so she always has her familiars roam the entirety of the palace's. Well except Elvyra since she is way too big and a dragon can attract too much attention. The venue is going to be in the Emerald Palace rose gardens.

Athanasia wanted her cousin's, aunt's and uncle's to relax surrounded by the beauty of the roses. Their guest's arrived and they greeted them with smiles, kisses and hand shakes.

"Cayena! I missed you." Athy exclaimed and hugged her cousin.

"I missed you too Athy. Your growing up to fast! You use to be so cute with chubby cheeks." Athy turned red at her cousin's teasing.

"D-don't say that besides I'm still cute." Cayena just laughed at her cousin's response.

"Where's my hug Athy?" Raphael asked and it made Athy giggle and hug her cousin's husband.

"How are you big brother?" Athy asked and Raphael just kissed her forehead.

"I'm good and I brought you some presents." Athy's eyes brightened and the two just chuckled.

"How have you been Cayena, Raphael?" Cayena and Raphael went to the Diana and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"We are fine aunt Di it's nice to be surrounded by family you can trust." Diana looked at them with sympathy and squeezed Cayena's hand as an act of comfort.

"Well you two are here now so relax no one can harm you." Cayena and Raphael smiled while Athy jusy smiled and turned to greet her other guest's.

"Uncle Heinly!" Heinly opened his arms and Athy ran into him. He lifted his niece up and kissed her cheeks.

"Be careful dear Athy could get hurt." Navier chided her husband but he just grinned.

"Don't worry so much I'm not gonna drop this precious cargo." Heinly told his wife and put Athy back to the ground.

"How have you two been? Am I going to have little cousin's soon?" The western monarchs turned red while Athy looked at them expectantly.

"We're still working on that Athy love." Navier slapped her husband's arm in embarassment while Athy pouted.

"Let's not talk about that, how have you been Athy have you been getting enough rest?" Navier asked worried that Athy has no time for sleep simce she has slowly but surely increased her workload.

"Don't worry aunt Navie my sleep schedule is fine. Plus I enjoy my work so it's a bonus." Navier laughed her niece's enthusiasm is so refreshing and couldn't help but pinch her cheek.

"Hey what is it with you people that you keep pinching my cheeks. I know I'm cute but take care of the precious cargo here." Athy sassed and the western couple laughed.

"We know your cute Athy that's why we always pinch those adorable cheeks of your's." Athy turned around and saw Penelope and she grinned and hugged the woman.

"Hi Penny your still very pretty." Penelope just booped her cousin's nose and looked at the western couple.

"It's good to see you again aunt Navie, uncle Heinly." Penelope said and gave her aunt a kiss on the cheek and hugged her uncle.

"It's good to see you too Penny where is Callisto?" Penelope just pointed to the far left and Navier saw that Callisto was busy talking to Claude and Vie.

"Well why don't we all sit down and eat all those delicious food on the table." Everyone looked at Athy and laughed which made her turn bright red.

"Hey don't laugh at me Athy is just hungry that's all. Besides there's chocolate." Athy defended herself but it just made the adults laugh harder.

Everyone sat down and ate the food, drank tea, wine or juice. Of course it was accompanied by good conversation away from politics and work. Though Athy made a slight comment that made the men freeze.

"I hope that when we do this again I have my husband with me to join us." All the women smiled especially Diana since she knows that her daughter is currently interested in someone.

While the men were ready to kill said person. Athy stopped in her tracks when she saw that everyone was looking at her.

"I said that out loud didn't I?" Athy asked while blushing.

"You did dear so who is the lucky guy?" Navier asked curiously.

"It's Cale Henituse he's Count Henituse eldest son. He is also the northeast commander of the Roan kingdom. I met him at a party that I have been invited at and we have been writing letters to each other for a while now." Athy told them which pissed the men more and made the women smile.

"Raphael, Callisto, Heinly get your weapons we have a bastard to kill." Claude said to his nephews and brother-in-law however before they could stand up Athy spoke up.

"You can't harm him how am I suppose to marry him if he's dead. Besides if you try to hurt him I-I will never talk to all of you again." All of the men looked horrified and reluctantly sat back down.

While their wives just shooked their head at their husbands antics. They all went back to chatting though but they decided to avoid talking about Cale since Athy does not want her future husband dead. Over all though it was a fun, relaxing amd enjoyable day. If you don't count the fact that the emperor's and a duke were busy sulking in their seats.