Chapter 5: Birth of the Heir of Obelia

It was a calm morning in Obelia the sky was clear, the sun was shining, the streets were bustling with activity. This also marks Diana's last month of pregnancy so any day now she could give birth. The palace was doing it's usual routine the only change was that everyone was anticipating the birth of a prince or princess.

In the Garnet Palace gardens there were two people sitting on a gazebo and having a lovely chat.

"You know it still feels so sureal that any day now a new member of our family is going to arrive." Vie told Diana in an excited tone. "I know I can't wait to meet he/she even Claude has been distracted lately because of it." Diana said to Vie which made her snort.

"Distracted? You mean down right dazed. I swear in one of our annual meetings I had to take charge since the idiot was busy day dreaming all meeting." Vie said to Diana while sipping her tea. "It was that bad? It looks like I need to lecture him again not to slack off on his responsibilities." Vie just sighed.

"Do that, honestly I don't mind doing his work sometimes but come on it's been a week. Besides I need to go back to Arlanta soon it's been a while and I need to check if there are concerns that need my attention." Diana's mood dampened and Vie noticed it. "Hey don't be sad I'm going to be here for the birth of my niece/nephew, besides I'm only going to be gone for a week." Vie told Diana trying to cheer her up.

"I know it's just usually when you say that you'll only going to be there for a week you have to extend your stay there since something came up again." Vie can't refute that statement since it's true. It usually happens all the time when she goes to Arlanta.

"I'm sorry Di but know this I'll try to be there for only a week." Diana just nodded and the two sat there in comfortable silence enjoying the presence of the other. Though Vie suddenly went on high alert when the winds whispered that danger was near.

She used 'Elemental Sight' to see if there were other people besides Diana and her in the garden, and low and behold there are 10 assassins that were hiding in the trees and bushes. It ticked Vie off that the people behind these attacks and have been sending these bastards just won't stop.

"Di can you close your eyes...please." Diana looked bewildered at Vie's request but granted it anyway. When Vie saw that Diana's eyes were closed she stood up and walked out of the gazebo.

"You mother fuckers, I hope you prepared yourselves because the minute you targeted a member of our family you just signed your death warrant." After Vie said that she snaped her fingers and suddenly flames erupted in different parts of the garden.

Screams could be heard piercing through the comfortable silence. Before Diana could hear the screams though Vie erected a sound proof barrier. She did not want to stress Di and cause her to have premature labour.

When the screams ceased Vie dropped the barrier and asked the winds to drop the ashes of the assassins in a near by river. However when she entered the gazebo she saw Diana breathing heavily.

"Di are you okay? Did your water break?" Diana just nodded so Vie teleported the two of them to Claude's chambers. She laid Diana on the bed and she ordered the maids to attend to Diana and the others should call the midwife. Vie went to Claude to tell him that Diana was in labour, the two were now outside of her chambers waiting and pacing around.

Screams were heard and it made Claude worried. Curses were sometimes thrown into the mixed that made Vie laugh in hysteria and Claude pale. "YOU ARE NEVER TOUCHING ME AGAIN CLAUDE OR I WILL CUT YOUR DICK OFF AND FEED IT TO THE DOGS!"

After 4 hours of labour a baby's cry could be heard and Claude grinned while Vie wiped the tears from her eyes. Her niece was here and she was delighted to finally meet her. The midwife went out of the door and curtsied to the royals.

"How is Diana and my child? Are they both fine?" Claude immediately asked worried that something might be wrong. "The two of them are fine your majesty lady Diana is exhausted but she isin't in any danger. While the baby is perfectly healthy, you have a beautiful princess your majesty congratulations."

Claude was relieved to know that both mother and child were safe and happy that he has a daughter he went inside the room followed by Vie. They saw Diana holding the newborn in her arms Claude went beside her and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you Diana for giving me this little miracle." Diana smiled and kissed Claude's lips and looked at their bundle of joy. "Do you have any idea what to name my niece?" Vie asked while touching the baby's cheek. "I do have one but I don't know if it's ok to give the baby that name though." Diana voiced her concerns and hesitance. "It's fine Diana we'll tell you if it's good or not." Claude assured his lover.

"It would be lovely if our daughter would be named Athanasia." Claude and Vie were shocked since that name was given only to the heir of the throne. "Maybe we shouldn't name her that." Diana said taking back what she said. "No the name is perfect, Athanasia what a beautiful name for our little girl." Claude told her and kissed Athy's cheeks.

"Yes it's a beautiful name Di. Isin't my niece just the cutest! Claude we should anounce the birth of the princess to the people." Vie told her brother while holding the baby in her arms."Your right, Felix!" Claude called out to his trusted knight.

"Yes your majesty?" Felix asked "Anounce the birth of the Crown Princess, let it be known to everyone that my daughter Athanasia de Alger Obelia is here and that the heir to the throne has been born." Eveyone was shocked they all thought that Claude would just anounce that his first born and a princess to the empire has arrive.

Not bloody declare to the entire world that his daughter would be his heir apparent. Vie was the first to recover and smiled. "You are one beloved princess dear, your papa just declared you his heir apparent. May your reign be glorious Athanasia. Don't worry Athy this time around no one can harm you just like what happend in the Lovely Princess." Vie said to Athy and whispered the last part into the baby's ear then gave her to his brother but he was reluctant to hold her.

"It will be fine love, remember what you read on the book, hold both her head and body in order to hold her." Diana assured her lover and Claude just nodded and slowly held his daughter. He was in awe that this tiny creature came from him and Diana, that in just a few minutes of being born he already has him wrapped around her finger.

"I promise you Athanasia no harm will come to you, I will protect you with my life." Claude vowed to his baby girl not knowing that the baby in his hand is a reincarnator and is currently experiencing her third life.