Chapter 11: Athy's 10th Birthday

Athy's enthusiasm and good mood has put the entire palace staff in a good mood as well. The reason for this is because today is her 10th birthday and she is excited to celebeate it with friends and family. The plan for today is that there is a private celebration with her family in the morning and a huge banquet celebration in the evening.

When she finished dressing up she immediately went to the dining room where her family was waiting for her. Of course Lily and Vermillion were following her. Athy opened the door and saw her aunt talking to a huge lion but she wasn't alarmed since it's probably one of her familiar's.

Her parents were busy talking but Athy knows their just flirting. Athy immediately went to her father and hugged his leg.

"Happy Birthday Athy." Claude greeted his daughter and sst her on his lap.

"Happy Birthday sweety, I hope you enjoy yourself today." Diana greeted and gave Athy a kiss on the forehead.

"Happy Birthday little one." Vie greeted and pinched Athy's cheeks.

"Thank you papa, mama and auntie. Athy knows that this day will be the best day ever." Athy exclaimed with certainty.

"Yes it will now why don't we eat dear and after that we'll give you our presents." Diana told the girl.

Athy was about to leave Claude's lap but her father told her that he was the one that's going to feed her. Of course Athy declined saying she's a big girl now. However Claude insisted and Athy reluctantly agreed.

Before they ate though they sang a happy birthday song and Athy got to blow her candles on her cake. After eating their celebratory breakfast each of the adults gave their gifts one by one.

"Now sweetheart this is mommy's gift I hope you like it." Diana said and gave Athy a small box.

When Athy opened the lid she saw two beautiful sphere locket pendants that was designed in a beautiful intricate way.

"Thank you mommy, I'm going to fill these lockets with many pictures of us as well as my friends." Athy told her mom and gave her a hug.

Diana kissed her cheeks and it was Vie's turn to give Athy's gift.

"You know dear I had a hard time finding a perfect present so I decided to give you this instead and I hope you'll like it.

Athy was shocked it was a huge rectangular box. When she opened it she saw a beautiful dress and it was a perfect outfit to be worn tonight at the banquet.

 When she opened it she saw a beautiful dress and it was a perfect outfit to be worn tonight at the banquet

"Thank you so much auntie, I will wear it for tonights party." Vie smiled and gave her niece a kiss on the cheek.

Now it was Claude's turn and he just gave Athy a key and both mother and daughter were confused while Vie had a sneaking suspicion on what that key is for.

"Ahh daddy what's this key for?" Athy asked confused on what her father just gave her.

"It's a key to the treasury so whenever you want gold or jewels you can just go there get them." Athy was shocked and Diana slapped her husband in the arm.

Vie on the other hand just looked at her brother with a deadpan stare.

"T-thank you daddy I will keep it safe." Athy told Claude and the man smiled and patted her on the head.

The emperor and empress has to regrettably have to return to their duties but Athy assueed them that it's fine and that they can spend more time later. Vie on the other hand also has to return to her duties so Athy is currently all alone in her room bored.

Vermillion was with her of course but he too was also bored. That all change though when that huge lion that she saw appeared in her room. Vermillion gave a happy greeting and landed on top of the lion's head. Athy cautiously went near the lion and slowly extended her hand to pet it.

The lion met her halfway and gave her hand a lick. Athy laughed and petted the behemoth of a mammal.

"Are you one of auntie's friends?" The lion nodded.

"I'm Regulus, King of the Jungle, Lion of the South. It is an honor to meet you little princess." Regulus introduced himself and nuzzled the girls face.

"It's nice to meet you too. What are you doing here though?" Athy asked confused.

"I'm here because I'm curious about you. Besides I already asked my mistress permission to be here." Regulus answered.

The three just bonded and Regulus is telling Athy many stories about him. Which intrigued Athy a lot however they were interrupted when a certain magician appeared in the room.

"Lucas? What are you doing here?" Athy asked leaning on Regulus stomach.

"I came to greet you a happy bi-" Lucas stopped his sentence when he saw that Athy was not alone.

Vermillion was not pleased that the magician was here. So he shot a fireball at the bloody guy. Lucas immediately dodged it and extinguish the fireball before it could burn the room. Lucas didn't caee about the phoenix however he was cautious around it.

What made him stopped talking and nearly piss his pants was the huge lion behind Athy. Let's just say it was only looking at Lucas with a bored look. Though he really doesn't want to provoke it.

"Ahhh I just want to say happy birthday princess...that's it so I have to go now." Lucas told Athy and hurriedly left.

Which confused the girl but just shrugged it off. So the girl just laid down on the lions belly and just continued to talk with the lion and her phoenix.
_________________________________________

Evening came and Athy was outside the ballroom with her family. Of course she wore her aunt's gift of course with matching earrings, tiara and shoes. Claude signalled the herald to annoumce their arrival.

"Anouncing the arrival of their majesties Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia, Empress Diana de Alger Obelia, her highness Crown Princess Athanasia de Alger Obelia and her highness Princess Genevieve de Alger Obelia."

All eyes were on the imperial family Athy was nervous but her aunt gave her a reassuring smile. When they reach their thrones Claude gave a little speech.

"I thank you all for attending my daughter's birthday banquet. Please enjoy yourselves and have a pleasant evening."

After giving his speech the music played once more. People chatted while some danced to the music. Claude asked his wife for a dance and of course she agreed. Athy meanwhile spotted her friends and went to them.

"Tia, Lory you came." Athy exclaimed and gave the two a hug.

"Of course we would. We wouldn't miss it for the world." Lorraine or Lory as Athy nicknamed her said.

"Happy Birthday Athy." Tia greeted amd Athy gave them a smile.

The banquet was going off without a hitch and Athy was enjoying herself. Vie was watching her niece and is pleased to see that she was enjoying herself. Though it also helps that Lorraines parents aren't here or else Athy's mood wpuld have dampen and Lorraine couldn't express herself freely.