7

George's pov

Two woman walk around the shop whispering and looking at clay.

I look at clay, they grab some stuff then walk to the counter and out it down.

I scam everything, "anything else?" I ask, "his number" one of them say staring at clay.

I glance at clay, "I'm afraid that won't be happening, your total is $47.58 please" I say.

"Why not?" The other one says.

"Because I said" I shrug, one girl scans her card and it accepts.

They take the stuff and leave.

"Someone got overprotective" clay laughs.

"And jealous" Wilbur laughs.

"Shut up" I say, I Lean on the counter, clay reaches for my pocket and takes out his vape.

"Cla-"

"I won't, jeez" he grabs my hand, "George don't leave again" Wilbur groans, "I'll be right back" I say and we walk out the back door.

Clay puts the tip of his vape in his mouth and leans against the wall, I lean against him and he wraps one arm around me, I look up at him and he leans down and kisses me passionately.

I kiss back, when I pull away and exhale smoke comes out.

He brings my hand to his lips and kisses it.

"You gonna forget about me and hook up with someone else?" He asks.

I look at the ground, "clay, I hate to admit it, but I didn't get any fucking sleep because I was thinking about you" I whisper.

"I won't be doing that" I whisper, "you promise?" He whispers, "clay, I promise" I laugh, "I think I'll cry if you do" he whispers wrao both arms around me.

"We barely know eachother" I whisper.

"But it feels like I've known you forever" he whispers kissing my head.

I nod slowly.

He brings one of his hands on and puts his vape in his mouth.

He pulls back out and turns his head from me blowing smoke out.

"George I need you to stock the shelf, it's busy in here" I hear Wilbur yell.

I turn around and kiss clay softly on the lips.

"Can I wait until your shifts done with you?" He asks, "clingy much" I roll my eyes, "no I'm just completely in love with you" he laughs, "yeah sure" I say and we walk back in, clay sits on the office chair while I look around the busy store.

There's quite a lot of people waiting in a line.

I grab a box and put it in a small trolley then another, then milk box I definitely would fail lifting comes.

"Clay, can you lift this?" I ask, he looks up from in the office at me, then gets up and walks over to me.

He picks up the box of milk and puts it in the box carefully.

He kisses my cheek softly then walks back into the office, "thank you" I say and begin to stock the shelf and fridges.

~~~

It's 10:26pm.

We close at 12am on Thursdays.

I am completely exhausted.

I walk into the office and flop on clays lap, leaning back, he wraps his arms around me and kisses my neck softly.

I close my eyes, within a minute I'm so close to falling asleep.

Clays pov

George is so tired, I wish his shift was over so he could leave but it's not, he's almost asleep on my lap.

"Wil, can I just take George to the car and I'll help out?" I ask quietly.

"Sure" Wilbur answers.

George wraps his arms around my neck and I slowly stand and he wraps his legs around my waist, I open the backdoor and carry him to the car.

I open the back door and lay down,,go to leave but he wraps his arms around me tighter, "don't leave" he whispers, "go to sleep George" I whisper and grab his arms softly and pull them off my neck.

I stand, "I'm locking the car so call me if you need anything" I whisper, he nods, "can you turn the heater on?" He asks.

I grab a couple blankets that are under the seat and lay them on him.

Then turn the car on and turn the heater on.

I close the doors and lock the car then walk back into the store, "ckay you can take home if you want, I can stay, just look after him" Wilbur says.

"But I'll feel bad" I say, "just go you idiot" Wilbur laughs.

"Alright, see ya" I say.

"Bye clay" wilbur says.

I walk out then to the car.

I get in the driver's seat and look back at George asleep.

There's a lot of cops here so I'm gonna have to wake him.

I place my hand on his thigh from the front seat, "George you gotta sit up so I can take you home" he groans.

He slowly sits up and climbs into the front seat taking the blankets.

He puts his seat belt on then cuddles up and closes his eyes.

I smile and start the car, i place my hand on his thigh under the blanket, I feel his hand move on top of mine.

I begin to drive back to my house.

When I get there I park the car and get out, George is fast asleep, I carefully open the passenger seat and slip him into my arms, he wraps his arms around my neck and I carry him bridal style inside.

I walk upstairs with him then into my room, shutting the door behind me.

I move the blankets then place him on the bed, he moves over and I quickly slip my sweatshirt and t shirt off then get in bed next to him.

He turns over and I wrap my arms around his waist pulling him close to me.

"Clay" he whispers softly, "yes?" I whisper.

"I think I love you" he whispers, I smile, "I think I love you too" I whisper.