10

George's pov

It's been a month now, me and clay ate still hanging out like usual.

He's supposed to meet me at work today, I don't know why but he wanted too.

We've also gotten to know evhother much better, it's like we're bestfriedns that have known eachother other for ages.

But a little more then just friends.

I love him.

I think I've completely fallen for him.

I walk into the shop today, Wilbur isn't here yet.

I open the place up and turn the heater on because it's snowing outside and it's freezing.

I turn the sign over on the front door to open, I suddenly hear the back door open.

"George" I hear clay whisper.

I walk back in there, "yeah" I answer, he doesn't seem so happy, normally he'd smile when he sees me, he pulls me in the office and closes the door quickly.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

He cups my cheeks, "George, I didn't think I'd be coming here for this reason, but I want you to know that I love you so much, I can't get your beautiful face out of my head" he whispers.

"And please don't think that this is-"

"Clay what's going on?" I ask, he checks the time on his phone.

"I don't have much time George, I need you to know I love you and this isn't your fault"

"Clay what is happening" I say louder and more scared.

He leans in and kisses me passionately on the lips.

"Your so pretty" he smiles faintly once he pulls away.

He let's go of me and turns around.

"Clay what's fucking happening?" I yell and grab his arm.

He opens the door, "CLAY" I yell at him, "George don't contact me please" he whispers, "clay" I feel a tear leave my eye, I grab his arm tightly.

"clay, please tell me what's happening" tears falling from my eyes.

"I love you" he whispers, he pushes me off him careful not to hurt me then slips out the door and leaves.

I open the door after him but he's gone.

I can't see him.

I cover my mouth with my hands, I try not to cry as I breath heavily.

I lean against the door frame and slide down the frame crying.

"Fuck" I whisper.

What did I even do to deserve this?

It's my fault.

Why am I like this?

I sob loudly until I hear the store bell ring.

Fuck.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Wilbur.

He picks up.

"Wilbur, where are you?" I ask trying not to sound like I'm crying, "I'm on my way, why?" He asks sounding concerned.

"I can't work today" I whisper completely breaking down on tears.

"Hold up I'm here" Wilbur says and hangs up, I look around for clay, nowhere to be seen.

For some reason I can see him and I running away from one of the guys I hooked up with.

Now clays gone.

He left.

No he wouldn't do that.

He'll be back.

The front door opens and Wilbur rushes to where I am.

"George what happened?" He asks worried, I look at him, Wilbur realizes that it's about clay.

"Oh George" he wraps his arms around me and I cry.

Explaining everything to him.

"Then he just left" I sob, "he'll be back, you guys are so inlove it's not funny" Wilbur whispers.

The store bell rings, "I gotta go, are you gonna go home?" Wilbur asks, I nod and slowly get up off the ground.

I grab my stuff and leave.

The walk home was filled with questions.

Why did he leave?

What happened?

Does he even love me?

Why would he do this?