campaign

Note: Hello pi, forda word dump ang ferson. Ang haba nito share ko lang. Sorry na agad. :)

Sanay na siya mangampanya. After all, nakailang campaign season na rin naman siya. However, this was different from all the other campaigns she went through or had been a part of. This time she's trying to win the hearts of Leni's tres marias.

She thought winning Leni's heart was the hardest campaign she had to go through, turns out she was wrong. When they first got together, Leni was a bit hesitant to tell her kids and she understood.

Noon pa man everyone knew the Tres Marias' stance when it came to their Mama being in a new relationship. So, she wasn't surprised when Leni told her that the Tres Marias wasn't as receptive to the idea of them being together as the HontiBaraq kids.

Unlike Risa's kids, who welcomed them with huge smiles and warm hugs, the Tres Marias nodded and told them outright that they needed time and space to process their news.

So, Risa, being the woman that she is, matapang at walang sinusukuang laban, she set her mind and heart into getting the Tres Marias' blessings. Not only for her but more importantly for Leni. Always for Leni. She knows how important Leni's kids are to her. Ganoon din naman siya when it comes to her children kaya naiintindihan niya.

She can do this. Definitely, isa ito sa mga laban na hinding hindi niya susukuan.

AIKA

Out of the three, pinakamalapit siya kay Aika, the panganay of the bunch. Hindi niya alam if it was because, she too is the eldest and knew what the title entailed - looking after your younger siblings, shouldering the 'burden' of being the responsible one in the bunch.

She felt a kinship of sort siguro. That and Aika looks like a spitting image of Leni. Hindi lang sa physical appearance but also in her actions kaya siguro magaan ang loob niya rito.

She was the first one to call her Tita out of all the three. They first bonded during the 2016 campaign. Whenever Aika would be too busy looking after her mom and her sisters, Risa made sure someone was still looking out for the eldest Robredo. It was probably the mom in her but also the eldest in her.

She would often talk to Aika, asking her about her day, reassuring her that if she needed anything, she could come to her. Aika was shy at first, too polite and formal towards her. Eventually, their small talks lasted longer, bonding over being the eldest of the bunch and the responsibilities it entailed, they easily became close.

It got to the point that Leni knew that whenever Aika goes missing, or MIA, it meant that she was with her Tita Sen. It was common knowledge during the 2016 campaign. She was even called the honorary HontiBaraq kid or Risa's other panganay.

So, when Leni first broke out the news that they were together and Aika reverted back to being her shy and formal self towards her, she couldn't help the pain she felt. Naiintindihan naman niya pero may kirot. Pakiramdam niya isa sa mga anak niya ang nagtatampo sa kanya.

During one of Leni's out-of-town town trips, she decided to visit Aika. Leni had let it slip that Aika would be the taong bahay while she was away. Naka duty kasi si Tricia while Jillian would be accompanying her.

When Aika opened the door for her, she could tell she was a bit surprised to see her. Nonetheless, Aika had let her in. Normally, Aika would be elated at her presence. Oftentimes, they'd be roped in a conversation that Leni would sometimes have to cut them short, telling them na siya naman daw ang makikipag kwentuhan kung okay lang. Aika would playfully roll her eyes at her mom then, excusing herself but not before hugging her and setting a day for them to continue their conversation.