lemon dou

note: hindi aq i2. medyo makalat, medyo sulat lasing. :)

It has been 6 months since we broke up, 3 months since we last talked to each other outside of work, and now the tropa called for a get-together. Padespedida raw nila bago ako lumipad papuntang US. I wasn't really up to it but the Tropa insisted and decided to use it as an excuse to rope everyone in for an impromptu dinner na may kasamang inuman after — as per usual, their method of destressing even during the campaign season.

I tried my hardest to get out of it, knowing she will be there. Pero wala, mapipilit. Kinasabwat pa yung mga tao sa AB office kaya wala akong maidahilan since my assistant already cleared my schedule.

Now, I'm outside the restaurant, dreading to go inside. Medyo nagpa-late talaga ako. Kanina pa ako tinatawagan at tinetext ng tropa pero hindi ko na muna sila pinapansin, busy pa ako mag-ipon ng lakas ng loob. I took a deep breath and gave myself a pep talk, "Kakain lang naman Leni, ano ka ba naman? Bakit ginagawa mong big deal? Kala ko ba nakausad ka na? Kaya mo 'to."

Another deep breath and  finally I was able to get out of my car, "Kaya mo 'to, Leni. Hindi ka natatakot, hindi ka kinakaban."

But then there she was. She was by the entrance, looking as beautiful as ever. Mukhang galing trabaho since she's still wearing her light pink blazer from the session earlier. Oo, alam ko because I still watch senate sessions. And if anybody asks, I'll say I'm just being a responsible citizen and not because of a certain senator from Panay.

I couldn't help but duck at one of the cars when she started looking around. I don't want to assume but it's probably her Leni sense kicking in, she has a knack for those things anyway. She can sense it whenever I am looking at her. Well, at least that was one of our inside jokes when we were still together.

I watched as Risa shrugged it off and went back to whatever it is she was doing earlier. I noticed that she was looking for something inside her bag, probably her other phone. The purple one, the one I gave her during our second anniversary. It was a bit of a splurge for me but I noticed how she was having a hard time with her beloved iPhone 7 plus. Hindi na rin enough ang storage nito and it doesn't help that she likes documenting things so as a gift I decided to give her a phone.

And I know she can't find it dahil sa laki kasi ng bag nito and with the amount of documents she tries to cram inside, madalas nawawala na yung mga personal belongings niya. I know because I used to fix her bag for her, I even tried giving her an organizer but to no avail. Anyway, that's beside the point.. ano nga bang point ko in the first place? Right, I'm hiding.. and watching her from afar.

I kept on watching her, hidden beside an unknown car when I heard the familiar unlocking sound from it. I was startled at first, trying to back away from it since it would be creepy for the owner to see me hiding in here but when I looked around I found her standing right in front of me.

I immediately straightened up, losing my balance in the process that Risa had to reach out and steady me. Ang galing Leni.. real smooth.

"Okay ka lang?" she asked.

"Okay lang. Ano.. may nabitawan lang ako hinahanap ko lang.."

"Do you need help? Ano ba yung nabitawan mo?" I watched as she started looking around despite me not telling her what I was looking for.

"Ikaw.." I replied.

"Ha?" She looked up, obviously confused but what I just said. Confusing din naman kasi talaga. I really can't blame her. Ugh, get it together, Leni.

"Ha? Ah ano.. ikaw anong ginagawa mo dito?"

She then looked at the car and that's when it hit me, I was hiding behind her car. Sa dinami dami naman talaga ng kotse. Ang galing galing mo talaga, Leni.