lola vp and wowa sen

lookaway. medyo wala talaga tong direksyon gusto ko lang sila makita with litol kids :") thanks pi sa prompt, mhiema. :)

Saturday means Lola VP and Wowa Sen day. Every Saturday morning Aika and Kiko would drop off their chikitings to spend the day with their lolas or in Risa's case, Wowa.

Among the HontiBredo bunch, Kiko was the first one to get married and also the first one to give them a grandchild. Their little Frank. He named him after his late father. Something Risa would always be emotional about.

Frank is a spitting image of his father. A HontiBaraq through and through. Risa would often make gigil and tell their 6-year-old apo that he looks exactly like his father. To which Frank (thanks to his father) would reply, "Pogi like Daddy!"

Their second apo, Jessie, is Aika's 4-year-old daughter. Like Frank, Jessie was also named after her late father. Though funnily enough, Jessie looks like a mini-Jillian with Tricia's attitude. A topic that is usually the cause of bardagulan between the Tres Marias. Mostly from Jillian and Tricia who would insist that their niece looks more like them. As if sila ang nanay.

Aika had long given up trying to referee between the two. At first, Aika would insist na hindi naman kamukha or kaugali ng mga kapatid niya si Jessie. Again, a topic that would cause much ruckus between the three. But as Jessie got older, Aika couldn't deny it anymore. Kamukhang kamukha talaga ni Jessie si Jillian and despite not admitting it, napaglihian niya rin ata talaga ang mga kapatid niya.

It was a bit inevitable rin naman since during her pregnancy, she was a constant visitor at Tricia and Jill's place. It was really their old condo unit but when she got married, she and her husband had gotten a place of their own. Not long after, their Mama and Tita Sen decided to buy a house together. So, naturally, it became Jillian and Tricia's place.

Jillian and Tricia took turns in looking after her and if their schedule allows it, they'd both stay at home and keep her company. However, it seemed like their "pagbabantay" or in Aika's term "panliligalig" transcended to their niece because as Jessie grows older, she looked and acted more like her Tita Jillian and Tita-nangnang Trish.

Now it was a Saturday. Both Risa and Leni had woken up early to prepare for their apos' arrival. However, Leni had an early meeting with a potential sponsor for AB, so she sequestered herself in her home office. Promising Risa that she'd be quick so she could join them for breakfast.

At exactly 8:00 o'clock, their doorbell rang, followed by the door being opened and a loud, "Wowaaaa!" "Lolaaaaa!!"

Normally, both she and Leni dislike loud and intrusive noises but for their apos they'd let it slide. As soon as Frank and Jessie had seen her from her perch on the couch, they immediately ran in her direction and all but threw themselves at her. Squishing her in a tight hug.

"Wowa! Wowa! Wowa!" The kids kept on calling, vying for their Wowa Sen's attention. Risa in return peppered them with kisses all over their face.

"Okay lang, Ma. Ano ba naman yung batiin mo rin kami kahit good morning man lang. Okay lang talaga." Kiko said jokingly, a smile on his face despite the words he just said. He knows his Mom is affectionate, she had always been like that. After all, he grew up in a home where his mom would call him "love", where hugs and kisses were a constant thing. But it surprised him that it tripled when it came to her apos. Frank and Jessie would definitely be one of those, spoiled sa mga lolas kid.

Risa gave both Frank and Jessie one last kiss before turning to greet her children. She stood up, only for both children to cling to her leg and the other one on her hip.

"Wowa Sen, up." Jessie said, tugging on her shorts while Frank has his hand clutched around her shirt. This is why she will never give up yoga. So she could do things like this. She bent down and easily carried Jessie.