the hontribredo bunch

my attempt at writing the whole hontibredo bunch? eme.

game nights

They love to have family game nights. Whenever their schedules would permit it, the Hontibredo bunch as they like to call themselves would come over and rope everyone in a night full of teasing and laughter over board games and whatever game they could think of.

It was a tradition born out of boredom during one of their Sunday family dinners. The ates and the lonesome kuya decided to dust off their old boardgames and made lambing to the bunsos to join in. Eventually, it became a tradition of sorts; a go-to family bonding for everyone.

Aika and Kiko are the designated referees during bardagulan sesh. Kiko would sometimes join in, leaving it to Aika to contain the peace and to remind everyone that they have a game to finish.

The maiingay ones and the suki of bardagulans are the Tres Marias 2.0, namely, Issa, Ianna and Tricia. The malalakas mang alaska, jokers and in denial sore losers of the bunch. It doesn't help that they love to have sangrias during these nights, 3 glasses in, and expect a new level of barda from the three.

The silent killers are the bunsos of the group. Jill and Sinta can be a killer combo, their love for Science and Math giving them the advantage. They are mostly on the receiving end of the Tres Marias 2.0's teasing seeing as they win most of the games.

However and surprisingly, the game night champion holders are their mamas. Despite the bunsos winning most of the games, no one can beat the "LenRisa" tandem. Especially in Monopoly.

It was a Monopoly night, thanks to Sinta who "picked" the game from their jar of games. The Tres Marias 2.0 whined and begged their Mamas to give them a fighting chance. So, as a compromise, Leni became the banker. Aika and Kiko decided to opt out of the game, instead, they decided to mix the cocktails Issa brought over

"Malens! No helping Mama!" Issa exclaimed as soon as Leni finished giving out their money to play with.

"Opo na... ito na nga o banker nalang ako." Leni jested, putting her hands up as if she was surrendering.

"Sus, kilala kita Mama!" Tricia pointed out which made the rest of them laugh.

"Nako tigilan ninyo na nga ang Mama Leni ninyo.. pag kayo natalo ko.. iki-kiss ako ng Mama ninyo kahit sabihin niyong bawal ang PDA sa game nights."

The kids rolled their eyes, "As if naman we can stop you. Kayo kayang tanders ang number one violators ng no PDA sa game nights." Issa said throwing a bunch of popcorn kernels at their mamas.

Leni and Risa shared a look, smiling at each other before each gave a nonchalant shrug, "Wala eh, hindi namin mapigilan. Masyado kong mahal ang Mama ninyo, I can't keep my hands to myself." Leni said and as if to prove her point, she gave Risa's thigh a light squeeze.

That prompted another round of popcorn kernels being thrown their way.

The game started, at first, it was the bunsos that were winning. Sinta and Jill vying to dethrone their Mama Ris as the Monopoly champion. However, as the game progressed, Risa started buying more properties, completing two color sets, and establishing her hotels.

"Si Malens, excited magbigay ng 200 kay Mama! Hindi pa nadaan nakaready na agad." Ianna complained and true enough, Leni has a 200 already set aside for when Risa inevitably passes the GO.

"May favoritism yung banker!" Jill protested.

"Hindi ko pa naman inaabot nakaready lang kayo talaga.. ma-issue kayo."