Chapter 14

Sharon and Diya's last couple of weeks in Daryapur went by quick .The mood in the house was so fun and refreshing. Everyday we would wake up to hearing nice compliments from the elders. They sure did love us and the amount of sucking up we were doing to get those compliments was too much.

Disha,Sharon, Diya and me together with Manju, promised that we would behave at our best level and try not to cause any problems that would affect the elders decisions. This was more directed to me and Sharon as everyone seemed to point at us first if anything went wrong.

My brother Veer was very close to Aunty Roop. She didn't have a son and always considered Veer as her 'ladla' (Baby). As I said, since they bonded so well, she blurted out everything we had done and planned inthe past month for which the blame came all back to me. Veer assumed that Aunty Roop had gone to so much trouble just because I had insisted to go live in the city. It did create an argument between us. He was on the verge to go tell my parents, which eventually would have reached Dahda-Ji's ears. But once again, Thank God! for Aunty Roop. She explained to Veer with the help from Manju, that we needed to become independent. He soon calmed down and later was eager to help us keep in control with our behavior.

My dear father who has always treated me like his angel booked my tickets so I could travel by train and get to experience the Bollywood way of making an entry in the city. Seeing how excited I was to travel by train, Sharon wanted to join as well, she always heard people talk about how much fun it is to travel by train and experience the nature and meet other travelers as well.

We had a week left to spend as much time in Daryapur. Veer ji volunteered to take us on a ride around the village so we wouldn't miss it too much, though I doubted I would miss it even a bit.Comparing this place to the big city was unimaginable.

Aunty Roop, uncle and Diya were to leave a day earlier then us, as it takes 2 days to get to the city by car. She wanted to get to her home before me so she could set things up.

I had already applied for MUB (Mumbai University of Business) but I had to go their physically to enroll. The new name of my University rather seemed like a joke to me. MUB = BUM. However pull this joke in front of Sharon and you are gone for life. She was very proud about being a student at MUB. Why wouldn't she be? from what Ihear, she is pretty popular. Would be glad to see her friends reactions when they see her new avatar.

The day had finally come, I was jet set ready to leave this village and move forward in life. My dad told us to get our bags from our room and place them in the front hall. I hadn't packed much clothes as I knew once I see the fashion in Mumbai, I would probably end up shopping for different clothes. Sharon on the other hand, packed every single piece of clothe. Wait! Did i mention, she has a seperate bag weighing at about 5kg just for her make-ups!

Everyone had gathered in the hall to farewell us. Yesterday's weeping wasn't enough for them. When Aunty Roop left, the way these women cried was like she was leaving for ever! I guess the same is gonna happen today.

Everyone lined up in a semi-circle, and both me and Sharon went around hugging each family member and saying our goodbyes. Must have taken about 10 minutes. The terror of having a huge family, only I could image.Sharon was pretty exhausted by the time she reached half the family.She decided she'd stay on the side and say goodbye to all at once and quickly jump into the jeep, which I dont think has enough space,since half of it has her bags.

My mum, Disha and Manju out of all were crying the most. They were really going to miss me.

"Simi beti, the house is going to feel so empty without you. Wish you didn't have to leave" My mum grabbed me tight in her arms refusing to let me go. I was also going to miss her, but I knew I had Aunty Roop there to make me feel at home. I went to Disha and hugged her very tight. Now this was the person that I was going to miss the most. She was like my other half.

"God!Disha, what am I gonna do without you? Who will be there to save me from trouble"

"Simi,Just try not getting into trouble! and promise me you'll call me twice in a week. I will really miss you my simi-bunny". I felt a tear roll down my cheeks. It was hard leaving Disha behind.

"Make sure you become famous on TV okay!"

Suddenly everyone started to laugh at what I said. We all slowly moved towards the Jeep. Sharon was already sitted amongst her dearest bags. Leaving me to sit at the back all squashed.

We waved everyone goodbye and Veer drove us off to the station.

I guess that'll be the last I'll be seeing of my crazy family. Hope they don't miss me too much.