Chapter 36

My conscious mind was repeating all the earlier events at Rey's house and the one that hurt the most was Rey's mum's words. I kept slowly running inside the grave yard and looked around for a hideout. There was nothing in sight apart from old grave stones. The cold wind gave me shivers and soon I forgot about everything earlier and started to feel scared. I was alone, running through a grave yard, away from drunken men, in this lonely dark night. I wasn't even sure if I was going to survive.  

I slowed down and leaned my back against a tree trying to gasp for some air. I couldn't hear the men which meant I lost them. I stood leaning on the tree for about 5 minutes until I heard the yelling of the men again. "Search the graveyard, she won't be able to find her way out of this place!"

Oh! Crap! They are here. I hurriedly grabbed my backpack and ran towards what looked like the entrance of the graveyard, the way I came from. I started to worry if I was ever going to survive this place. How will Sharon and Disha find me. Hope they made it to the phone booth.

As I found my way out the main gate, I again stopped for some air. Should have listened to Sharon and went for those morning runs, I was skinny but not fit or healthy.

"LOOK! She is leaving this place". I looked around and saw the men running towards me.

I turned and took a long deep breath and began to run again. The pathway was straight but it was too dark to figure out exactly where I was going. I looked back again to see if I was losing their track but to my dismay, they seemed to be catching up quick.

BEEP!

I looked ahead and a jeep's headlight lit brightly on my face, forcing me to use my hands to give shade to my eyes. I stopped right in front of the Jeep and saw two figures getting out.

"Simi! Are you okay?" Strong hands held on to my shoulders steadying me from falling. My legs felt weak from all the running but now I  felt like I was in safe hands. I looked up and saw Rey looking terrified more than I was.

"I am.....I am okay. Water......I need water". I was trying to get words out off my mouth and at the same time tried to keep myself from not falling faint.

Another person came towards me handing me a water bottle. I drank quickly like I was tasting water for the first time. I handed back the bottle to the person and looked at him.

"Sammi.....how'd you guys find me?" I looked at both Rey and Sammi waiting for answers.

"Hurry Rey! Get her in the car", Sammi looked at Rey instead of answering my question. Just as Rey was about to take me to his car, another car stopped behind us.

"Simi! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Oh no! You look weak". It was Disha and Sharon.

"I'm better now Disha, let's quickly leave before the drunk men...." I was too late, they were here already.

"Looks like the young lady has found some companions" A tall dark man looked at me and then scanned his eyes from Disha to Rey and Sammi. Sharon hid in her car quickly and missed getting spotted by the beaming eyes of the drunk man.

Another man came and joined and started to walk towards me. Rey quickly stepped in front of me and was getting into position to fight. Sammi quickly walked and stood in front of Disha. Both the boys together slowly stepped forward and their fists punched the drunk men. Me and Disha screamed loud enough to alert the other men where we were.

This meant more trouble.

"Girls quickly go sit inside the car and tell Sharon to drive off." Rey gave out instructions before the other men could approach us.