Chapter 17

We got home right on time for dinner. As we sat at the table, Diya started to talk about some of the "Fun stuff" she did in Daryapur.

I quickly shot up from my seat. "Oh my god! I forgot I had to call home to tell them we reached Mumbai safe!"

Aunty Roop came from the kitchen counter with a phone in her hand. "Here you go, call them"

"Hello,Veer?" Veer answered his phone and I could hear he was screaming at the household that I had called.

"Hello Simi. Did you get to Mumbai safe? Did Aunty Roop come pick you up?How are they doing?"

"Veer!So many questions." I took a deep breath and started to answerall his questions.

"We got to Mumbai safe. It's so good down here. Aunty Roop and family are all good. We are just having dinner"

"That's good. Give my regards to all. Here, Papa Ji wants to talk to you".Veer handed the phone to my father and I could hear Dahda-Ji daunting him to tell me to keep safe, don't go out alone at night and study hard.

"Hello Simi putar. How are you?"

"I am fine Papa ji. Would you let Dahda ji know I miss him and that I will stay safe, study hard and not step out the house when it's dark". I giggled over the phone and I could hear my father dothe same.

I spent over an hour chatting with everyone at home. By the time I finished, everyone had already gone to bed.

I walked to my room got changed and went to Sharon's room, who was still awake.

"Hey you still up?"

"Nah,I was checking my mails and Facebook". She hadn't looked up tome yet. Still busy typing something on her laptop.

"Do you think I should open a Facebook account as well?". She suddenly looked at me with a shock look on her face. "Why what's wrong? I thought it'd be a good idea if I joined Facebook  as well."

Sharon put her hand up and motioned me to come sit next to her.

"So do you have a email ID. We should start making you an email account first". We both got our heads in and started to make an account for me. She had taken some pictures of me in Daryapur, and so she uploaded one on my profile. We spent about an hour me trying to get my head around Facebook. Once we were done, she shut her laptop and we both layed down on her bed.

"Once you'll start collage, all the people would be begging you to accept their friend request."

I turned to my side, facing Sharon "And why would they beg me?'

"Because!Your my cousin, and I am Sharon"

"Yup I forget, The Miss Perfect Sharon has everything going her way"

Next Day

We had gotten up early as we had to go collage for my enrollment. I was so scared but at the same time I was excited. Sharon was waiting for me in the car, while I said good bye to Diya and Aunty Roop.

I could hear she was beeping in her car, calling out to me. "Simi hurry up! You don't wanna be waiting in line"

I quickly rushed out the door and got into her car. She had one hell of a good car. It was a metallic red Toyota Supra. I remember she was telling me that she had got this car on her 18th birthday.

"You drive this to collage?" I touched the seats and felt the cool leather.

"Yeh,everyone comes in style, so why should I miss out" Sharon replied whilst she was smiling.