Chapter 23

"Simi your ride is here! Hurry Up!" Sharon and Diya were screaming whilst looking outside the window. Rey was here to pick me up right on time. Unfortunately I was still getting dressed. I quickly finished straightening my hair and grabbed my bag.  

"Simi are you ready?" Sharon came rushing inside the bathroom. She grabbed my hand and took me downstairs. Whilst I was putting on my shoe, she went outside and started chatting with Rey. Why was I so nervous whenever Rey and Sharon had their private talks? No it's not jealousy Simi! I kept reminding myself that Rey was just a friend. Only see him as a friend, even though he may possibly have a tiny bit of a crush on you, but just keep it cool.

"Hey Rey. Sorry I am a bit late", I slowly opened the door of his car and took my seat. He looked at me and smiled, making Sharon seem like she was distracting us. "No problem Simi, I think I got here a bit early". He turned to Sharon again and they began planning on the plans for the semester break that was coming soon. 

"So Sammi was suggesting we go Powai Lake for a day trip but then we have the rest of the holidays to do nothing". Rey kept suggesting more places to Sharon who was now in deep thought. All of Rey's suggestions a.k.a 'Sammi's suggestions' included all outdoor camping sort of places. Now I have known Sharon quite well for sometime, better than what she was when we were little. Knowing her personality, these guys should have picked on the fact that she hates outdoors, yet their list consisted of everything outdoors. After a few minutes, Sharon began suggesting her ideas. 

"Rey, How about we avoid the jungle and the dangerous creatures out there and go places that DON'T have creepy crawly creatures". 

"It's Summer Sharon, outdoors is where we need to be". 

Before Sharon could say anything, I received a text message. 

"Hmm Guys, I think we will be spending our break at a wedding" 

As soon as I mentioned 'Wedding', both of them looked at me as if I was crazy.

"A Wedding?!" Sharon asked while still looking shocked. 

"Whose getting married?" Rey looked at me and then over to Sharon. 

"It's Radz's sister's wedding and we all are invited. Check your phones". I pointed at Rey's phone which was lying next to his seat. Sharon took her phone out as well and smiled happily.  

"I guess we are. Well then you two better head off for the tour, while I go and prepare for the trip. You'll be driving us Mr.", She poked Rey and winked at me. 

"Sure thing Miss Sharon. Bye then" 

I waved at Sharon while Rey drove off.

While in the car, I began picturing what the wedding would be like. It's been forever since I attended a wedding. The last I could remember was of my brother's wedding with my best friend. Is this wedding in Mumbai?  

"Hey Rey, where is Radz's sister's wedding likely to be at?", Rey looked at me confused, whilst still trying to concentrate on his driving. 

"Well Radz is from Mumbai, but her family all live in Delhi. So I'm guessing the wedding is in Delhi". 

"DELHI!" I screamed with surprise.  

"If it's in Delhi then I won't be able to go" . 

Rey drove his car into the parking lot and suddenly his happy face became sad. 

"Why not? We all are going and I'm sure Sharon won't leave you alone in Mumbai". 

"Because, I need permission from my parents. If they found out I was in Delhi then I would be sent a ticket straight back to Dharyapur.