CHAPTER THREE

Gabe

I get a call from my sister this morning saying she wanted to go to some dinner for breakfast before I became busy since today was the party. I agree because I haven't had breakfast. She asked me to drive so during the car ride she played her music and we mostly sat with no conversation due to me not being a huge talker.

We pull up and I notice the parking lot is somewhat empty. I also notice the Nissan 350z parked a few spaces away. I love older cars and project cars. A 350z is something I've been wanting but just not having the time to get. We get out of the car and I immediately feel eyes on me. I look around and see a beautiful brown skin woman in a booth with some guy. She is beautiful. She continues to stare until suddenly she blinks, hurries up, and turns to look straight. so think she realized she was staring. She was so damn beautiful I almost don't know how to act. I follow behind my sister and we get seated in a booth horizontal to the woman. She can see me perfectly and I can see her.

I feel eyes on me again and I immediately turn towards her but she wasn't looking at me. In fact for the rest of the time she was there, she didn't look at me. Once she left I think my sister realized I was staring at her and started making fun of me. I couldn't get her out of my damn head. I know I've seen her before but I'm not completely sure where I saw her. Before the party, I finish some last-minute work at the company which really should've been done by my assistant but she was M.I.A. I am firing her as soon as I see her next Monday.

Going home I shower, get clothed, and head to the party. I was mingling and reconnecting with old friends. I even managed a business deal.  I was talking with some guy I have no clue about when I noticed the woman from the diner. It was like tunnel vision because the only thing I could see was her. She was getting closer and closer but soon I closed that distance.

She looked so damn beautiful I could scream. I wanted to talk to her and hear her voice. Hell, I wanted to touch her to make sure she was real and I wasn't losing my fucking mind. "Hello bellisima," I say coming up on her right side. I see her eyes widen. "Hey, I'm Karmah, it's a pleasure to meet you," she says raising her hand to shake mine but I grab it and kiss the back of it. "The pleasure is all mine," she blushes but quickly wipes it off of her face.

She gently grabs her hand back and I fight the urge to frown at the loss of contact. Her hands are so soft. She gives me a fake smile and turns to look at Monique, who was watching the exchange very closely.

I was a little taken aback because this was the first time anyone had ever really done this to me but then again she'd be the first woman I went through the trouble of talking to. We talk for a few minutes and I love the sound of her voice. It was as smooth as silk and sounded like music to my ears. 

The party host gets on stage and gives a speech on why they have the party. I hear it every year so I don't care for it. Karmah is beside me and all I could do was stare. I don't want to be creepy but I just couldn't help it she is so beautiful it hurts. I can tell she isn't looking at me on purpose, it's almost as if she refuses to look at me. I wonder why. The party ends when the speech is over I look around and then back to Karmah but she's gone.

I quickly look up and see her leaving out of the door with the same guy from the diner. I rush to catch up with her but she's already asked for her car by the time I make it to the top of the stairs. I can see she's feeling antsy and I all but run down the stairs. She is staring straight in front of her and I feel like she is avoiding me. The valet person gets there as soon as I hit the second to last stair, she hands him a tip and gets into the car driving off when I finally reach the bottom of the stairs. I stare at her car and can't help but feel a little hurt.

I don't know what I did to make her not like me. I want to fix it, I want to get to know her.  I will get to know her if it's the last thing I do. I call for my car and when it gets here I speed home. When I get home my sister calls me and tells me to tell her what had all happened at the party because Monique noticed I liked Karmah. I tell her almost everything except for the way I felt when she pulled away from me and again when she all but ran from me.

All she did was hum the whole time so I was doubting that she was listening until I receive a text message from her. "What is it," I ask her kind of off-put at the fact that she wasn't listening to me. "Open it," is all she says in response. I roll my eyes and open the links she sent me. It opens to an Instagram page, Karmah's Instagram page. Oh. Wow. She is a true beauty. I could stare at her pictures all day.

Hell, I could stare at her all day, I will if she would let me. "You're welcome," my sister says laughing and hanging up at my sudden silence. I was too busy looking at Karmah to even really realize that she hung up. I will be looking here every day. She posted pretty frequently so I'll be happy to see more of her pictures. Taking a deep breath in and out 4 times I click the follow button and throw my phone across the couch. I bury my head in my hands from the embarrassment of it and go to grab my phone.

I log out of Instagram not wanting to see if she followed me back or not. She probably thinks I'm weird or something. She very obviously doesn't care for me and here I am stalking her damn Instagram like a loser. Fuck.