CHAPTER SIX

Gabe

My angel looked so good when I came to her apartment. She had on a black long-sleeve shirt, green cargo pants, and black converses.
All I could do was stare. When we got to the shelter her eyes lit up.

We get out and lock the doors. She starts walking but I grab her hand and pull her to a stop. She turns to me. "Yes", she says raising an eyebrow. "Do you want me to hold your purse so you don't need to worry about it inside," I ask her. I'm so close I can see her pupils dilate and feel the heat coming from her body. It's amazing.

She nods her head. "Yes, please if you don't mind," she says handing me her purse. "Okay come on," I say grabbing her hand and pushing the door open.

We walk to the reception area. Karmah rings the bell. A moment later a lady comes from the back. "Hey guys, what can I do for you today," she asks looking at us. "Hey, so I want a dog. I don't know what kind yet but if I could just go to the main area of kennels or something that would be great," Karmah says smiling at her. I love her smile so much.

"Okay, come right this way," the lady says and leads us through a door to the left of the desk. "So we're heading through the main area now. Whatever you choose will be taken out to the open area for you to play with," the lady explains.

"Okay sounds perfect," Karma says. We get into the room to see dogs and many other kinds of animals. Karmah has this big goofy smile on her face and her eyes light up.

We go by all the cages and we stop in front of a cage with a bundle of I don't even know in the corner, it looks like a bag of bones. Karmah squats down and starts tapping the floor inside the cage. The bundle of bones moves and a puppy rush over as fast as it could with a limp.

It sticks its nose through the bars licking and sniffing Karma's hand. "I want this one. We don't have to do the whole plaything," Karma says smiling at the lady. "Oh okay. I will let my associate grab him and get him ready and if you could follow me to the front we can get the paperwork done," the lady says.

A little door opens in the cage and the dog slowly walks out. We follow the lady back to the front. Karma signs some paperwork while the lady's associate hands me the leash to the puppy.

I nod at the guy and he smiles and walks away. I turn to see my baby girl grabbing a folder from the lady.

We say our goodbyes and baby grabs the leash from me. "Thank you for hanging out with me today," she says as we get in the car. "Don't thank me, Angel, I should be thanking you for letting me come," I say grabbing her hand. She blushes and squeezes my hand. We get into the car and she sets the puppy in my lap. He was cute but he had low energy.

When we arrive back at the apartment and I help her with the bags while she gets the folder and the puppy. We get inside and set everything down. "Fucking hell," She says slapping her forehead. "What is it," I ask alarmed. "I forgot to go to pet smart," she says. "Oh, yea. It's alright mamas we can go right quick" I say. She grabs the folder and starts flipping through it. She gets her phone and it looks like she's making a list.

"Can you stay here so he can get situated I shouldn't belong I promise," she says grabbing her wallet out of her purse."Yea, of course," I say. "Thank you," she says kissing my cheek and leaving.

Karmah

When I get to the store I grab a cart. I go down the aisles and grab collars, food, food bowls, bathing stuff, doggie bags, clothes, a leash, a bed, a big cage, toys, and treats, and I made him a tag for his collar.

I pay for everything and load it into the car. After a 10-minute drive and lots of singing later, I arrive back at my apartment. When I open the door I see everything is clean and all my bags were gone.

Gabriel comes from the back. "I put all the bags in your room. I didn't know where to put everything. I cleaned up a little bit," he says slightly blushing. I decided to tease him. "Aww is Gabe blushing," I ask in a baby voice.

He just glares at the ground with a small smile. "Can you help me with the bags," I ask. "Yea of course," he says. One trip later we were all done. Two trips are for losers. "I'm going to put all of his stuff in my room and make him some room on my shelf," I say.

"Do you want me to help?" He asks grabbing me by my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck. "You don't have to. You can relax here or if you have to leave you can," I say. I hope he doesn't leave.

"I'll help you baby. I don't want to leave yet anyway" he says lifting my chin. "Okay come on. I'm going to wash him first and brush him and make sure he's okay," I say and smile at him. I grab him by his hand and drag him to the back. I see the puppy cuddled up in the corner and smile.

I pick him up and take him to the bathtub. I check and make sure the water is good and warm. Gabriel comes into the bathroom with the soap I bought. I thank him and start scrubbing his coat.

"Do you know what you're going to call him yet?" Gabe asks sitting beside me. "Yes, I do. I was thinking like Bleu," I say scrubbing his ears. He smiles at me.

"I like that. It matches his coat," he says rinsing him off. "It does, I wasn't even thinking that," I say surprised at how well it matches. I continue to wash Bleu and Gabe stares at me.

"What is it," I ask. "How about we go on a date tomorrow," he asks. "What," I ask. "A date," he says. "Where would we go?" I ask. "It's a surprise," he says. "Yea...sure I'll go. I would love to" I say. I rinse Bleu off and swaddle him in a towel. We stand up and Gabe hugs me.

We head to the front door. "Good night baby. I'm gonna head home so I can get ready for tomorrow," he says kissing my cheek. "Good night. See you then," I say. He leaves and I lock the door and finish up with Bleu.

(Rewritten)