CHAPTER ELEVEN

Karmah

Today we were going to finalize the deal on the property and buy it. I dress casually because we are going to start renovating right after we buy and get the keys. I drive today since Mal drove yesterday.

I go pick up Mal and head to the property

I go pick up Mal and head to the property. "Okay, so when we get in there you call the contractor while I finalize the deal," Mal says. "Okay, I got you," I say.  "Can you believe we're opening our second business together," I ask him tearing up because this is a monumental accomplishment for us. Yes we have our own business but another business together means so much more because has we not opened our first one, we would not be in the position we're in now. "I can't but I'm so proud of us Karmah, we have come such a long way," he says looking at me with tears in his eyes. "Gosh don't make me cry we're pulling up now," I say laughing and wiping a stray tear that fell.

The lady waves at us as we pass her and we collect ourselves before getting out of the car to greet her. She tells us about the building specs and let's us see the building on the inside again. We both love the space so Mal tells her we want to buy it.

They talk business and I start imagining what everything is going to go. It's a three-story building that I thought would be good for a club. On the first floor, there would be dancing in performances and a huge bar.

On the second floor is going to be a balcony that overlooks the bottom area and the second floor is for VIP only. The third is going to be our office area. I call Aiden our contractor and he says he will come today to help us. I go back down to see them shaking hands.

She said her goodbyes and Mal shakes the keys. "This is officially ours," he says. We jump around in excitement. "Okay, call RECEPTIONIST and tell her we won't be at the shop for a few days.

"I will call the plumbing and electricity people right quick and see when they're available" I say. "Okay," he says going to call RECEPTIONIST .

I call the electrician to see when he was available today and he said he'll be here around 11.

The plumber said he would be available at 1 so we would be all right. Mal and I start cleaning, sweeping, and repainting the walls while Aiden draws up the floor plans.

When we finish cleaning, we start looking for furniture online. We bought couches, tables, bar stools, and club lights. I had all of our furniture delivered to the club.

Mal goes inside the liquor store to see if they could supply us because I'm too young. Aiden showed us the floor plan for each floor. We agree on what he says and he calls his crew up.

They begin with that while Mal puts some of the drinks up. After all the furniture was put in the correct area we made a list of all the things we still needed.

I went to Walmart while Mal went to a different liquor store to get more alcohol.

Aiden and his crew stayed put, and we let them stay because we trust them. They helped us with our salon. When I get to the store I grab snacks, drinks, chips, hand soaps, tissue, paper towels, and stationary.

As I went to check out, I saw Stephanie. Just my fucking luck. I pretend not to see her as I get my groceries scanned and paid for.

I walk to my truck and put the groceries in. "What a coincidence seeing you here," she says. "Mhm," I say putting my cart in the holder and walking away. I know she's fucking following me. I get in my truck and drive off but a little while later I realized she was following me so I started speeding, ran two red lights, and shook her off my trail. I pull up to the club and go around back so if she were to drive by she wouldn't see me.

I start taking the bags out and putting everything in the office space since that will be the last area they fix up. The electrician came through and got the power up and running. We just need the plumber to come. While we wait we make the V.I.P list.

All celebrities are allowed in, our families except mine for obvious reasons and all of our friends. An hour later the plumber comes in and gets the sinks and toilets going.

We have to add some more tables for the V.I.P area so I ordered them to have them shipped here.

We go ahead and start putting Ads for a job position as manager, bartenders, waitresses, and bouncers.

I started getting notifications on the hiring app. I set up appointments all the way to Thursday so we can open on Friday. We start sitting down to cool off and wait for Aiden to finish for the day.

While I wait for them I FaceTime Gabriel. "Hello," he says in a groggy voice. " I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up" I say. "No, it's okay baby. I was already awake," he says smiling at me but I could tell he was lying.

"Bae don't lie I know you were sleep," I say rolling eyes. "Fine you caught me," he laughs. "How's the club coming along Mama," he asks me his voice sounding as smooth as butter. The club is coming along really nice we just need to wait for the furniture to come in, Aiden and his crew is coming tomorrow to finish fixing things up, we have to hire some people so we don't have to be here 24/7. We're doing bartenders tomorrow, Wednesday is waitresses and managers, Thursday is bouncers and then everyone will be trained on Friday so we can open on Saturday," I tell him proud of Mal and I for getting this together.

"That's amazing Ma. Did y'all decide on a name yet," he asks me. "No, not yet. I've been thinking about it though" I say. "Mal, come here," I yell for him. "Yeah," he asks.

"What should we name our club," I ask. "Uhm...Havanna" he says. "Nah that's basic," I say. "What about Dark Night," I suggest. "No that sounds like a song title," he says.

"What about Fallen," Gabriel says. " I like that," King says. "Me too. Good job bae," I say. "You know I try," he says laughing. "Baby," he calls. "Yes, bae," I say. "I love you," he says his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "I love you too Gabriel," I say smiling.

Next Day

Me and Mal are at the club waiting for the bartenders to start showing up for interviews. Aiden and his crew are doing the office space now so we're able to conduct the interviews in their respective spots. The door opens to the club and a man walks in.

He was tall with a lean body it was on the shorter side and he had a lot of tattoos and piercings. "Hi. I'm here about the job for bartender," he says. " Hey. What's your name," I ask. "Eli," he says scratching the back of his head.

"Hi, Eli. My name is Karmah and this is Mal. We are the owners of this club," I say. "So what are your skills," King asks him. "I work well under pressure and I was a bartender at a previous club but I quit because the boss was someone who I just couldn't see myself working under anymore," he says.

"Well, let's see you make a drink and we will time you on how fast you are. If you're 15 seconds or under you're hired," Mal says. "Alright," Eli says. We set him up and I grab the timer. "1...2...3.. GO!" I hit the start on the timer and Eli finished making it in 10 seconds. I smile at him. "Welcome to the crew," I say. Eli smiles and thanks us for the job. We discuss pay and officially add him onto our payroll.  We conduct 15 more bartender interviews and only 10 get hired.

(rewritten)