CHAPTER FOUR

Gabe

I woke up around 9 in the morning to my phone ringing. I ignore the call and try to go back to sleep but my phone just keeps ringing. I finally answer, fully and completely annoyed with whoever is calling me. "What," I snap ready to hang up at the slightest inconvenience.

"I need you to take me somewhere. I'll be over in 30 minutes," my sister says hanging up. Who the fuck does she think she is? She's lucky I don't have anything to do today. I make my bed and head to the bathroom to get ready. Sophie gets on my damn nerves but I know that if I don't take her wherever she's going she'll tell mom, who will tell dad, and then they'll both be complaining to me and bothering me about it. After finishing in the bathroom, I go to my closet and pick out some clothes to wear. I ended up going with a black Nike hoodie, some black Nike sweatpants, and my Yeezy slides.

I hear banging on my door and immediately know it's Sophie cause she's the only one who bangs on my door like that

I hear banging on my door and immediately know it's Sophie cause she's the only one who bangs on my door like that. I take my time getting my stuff and even stop to make some cereal and eat it. When I finish I put my stuff up and leave out the door. Make sure to lock it after me. "Are you serious? I said 30 minutes it's been 45," she says her face redder than a tomato with anger. "Not my fault, you have no details and I'm not your fucking chauffeur, so if you want to get somewhere on time drive yourself fucking self," I say annoyed.

She was about to reply but I left her at my front door and walked to my car, getting in and blasting music to avoid conversation. God, I hate her. She may be my sister but I can not stand her sometimes.  She sends me the directions and I notice the place we're going to is only 10 minutes away so it's not that bad. I think she notices that she pissed me off this time because she didn't try to converse the whole car ride.

We arrive at this cute hair salon and go in. She talks to the secretary as I look around. It looks small from the outside but on the inside it's huge. "Karmah," the secretary yells out when Sophie and she are done talking. I raise my eyebrow. Is she talking about my Karmah?

"Yes," a familiar voice calls back. "Your client is here," the secretary says. "Okay," I hear her reply.  Then my baby comes out of a room in the back to come to greet us. She hasn't looked up yet but when she does she freezes seeing me. She quickly brushes it off and comes over.

"Hey, Sophie. You can go ahead and sit in my chair, I will be with you in a moment," she says smiling at Sophie. "Okay. By the way, I love your outfit,t" Sophie says and I take this opportunity to look at her outfit.

She looks amazing

She looks amazing. We're matching until you get to the shoes. This makes me smile. Sophie starts walking to where my angel told her to. I look down at her outfit again. "Uhm sir," I didn't realize I zoned out until she said that. "Hi Karmah," I say smiling down at her.

She is so pretty. "Hey Gabe," she says smiling up at me. I love the way it sounds when she says my name. We stare at each other for a few minutes more when her secretary interrupts us by clearing her throat. Karmah looks down blushing and I can't help but smile at her. But just like that Karmah is just like she was last night, not looking at me, not even smiling my way anymore.

She tells me to sit on the chair in front of her station and I stare at her the entire time of she doing my sister's hair. God, she was so beautiful.

Karmah

He kept staring at me while I was doing his girlfriend's hair. He was so fine it was crazy but he has a whole girlfriend. I made conversation with her and felt guilty about the whole thing until she tells me that Gabe was her brother. I think she could tell it had some kind of effect on me because she asked if I thought they were dating. To which I replied yes, feeling horrible for the way I treated him. I was relieved though to find that out because the thought of him having a girlfriend angered me for some reason.

I hear the door chime and Mal walks in. "Hey Charm," he says hugging me. "Hey, Mally," I say back smiling at him. He changes the playlist on the speakers and plays G.O.M.D By J. Cole. This is my song, I love it so much and the meaning behind it is deep.

I finish her hair about an hour before my next client comes in. I take her cape off and she goes to the front to pay. Gabe comes over to me. "I don't know what I did but I want to make it right because I don't want you to not like me," Gabe says looking down at me with his gorgeous eyes. It scared me because I didn't see or hear him get up. "I don't not like you, I just thought you were being a man whore," I say sighing. He tilts his head to the side. "How? What did I do? I'll change I just want to get to know you," he rushes out keeping major eye contact with me. "No it wasn't you, I swear. I just thought Sophie was your girlfriend, I saw y'all at the diner and I'm not gonna wreck anyone's relationship if I can help it," I say nervously waiting for his reply. "You thought Sophie was my girlfriend," he asks smiling at me. "Yes, and I'm very sorry," I say praying he'll forgive me. "No, it's okay. I'm adopted so you know it's okay. You wouldn't be the first to think so," he says staring deeply into my eyes. "Well I knew you were adopted but I didn't recognize Sophie," I say trying to look away. "Oh okay. Well now that is out of the way may I please get your number?" he says leaning closer to me. "Sure yeah," I say and he hands me his phone smiling hard. I save my number handing him back his phone. He kisses my cheek and I blush so red I'm pretty sure I look like a tomato.

He walks to the door stopping to wave at me before he leaves. Mal and Melany look at me and start squealing like school girls. I roll my eyes but smile. "What," I ask them as they calm down. "He is so into you," Melany says.

"Yes he was all, may I have your number," Mal said trying to imitate him. "Omg, I can't with y'all," I say laughing getting my station ready for my next client. The day was pretty busy so by the time I had a break it was time to go home. We cleaned up and headed home.

After I get home I go get ready for bed. When I'm done I get my laptop and turn on Vampire Diaries. As I hit play my phone vibrates. I pick it up to see a text from an unknown number.

Good night, Beautiful

I automatically knew who it was

Good night Gabe

I put my phone on my nightstand and fall asleep watching my favorite show.
.
.
.

I put my phone on my nightstand and fall asleep watching my favorite show

Gabriel's car^
-𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝