♯ 000.

純度

桃寺 神門
That time ( prologue )

A shrill cry echoed in the current as the moon was there to watch the demise of a specific person that's going to happen again.

Living as an Oni surely is like a curse that had sent by God himself. It was as if every Oni that has existed has a role to fulfill or their inevitable death is already planned right before babies are born; it's the worst thing that could have ever happened. It's so pitiful to live a life like this for when everyone does not know that death is always welcoming them and the cause is always from the same old reason; A Momotaro killing them just because of their beliefs that Onis would kill a human, thus, they needed to annihilate their whole existed.

And this day is not the exception either.

It was almost as if I barely noticed that I'm the one who lets out a strident wail out of the blue. Still surprised at the fact that I was shot by this person─ , I know that the day would come for when my death is going to approach me like a tide─ but never thought it would be the place where no one was around. But I guess it would be better off like this for them, not for me.

What did we even, the Oni's, did something wrong at the people? Me, who stayed out of the humans eyes just so they could be safe; even though it's hard to be lonely living in this place, for their safety and for mines safety (even though there's no such thing called 'safety' when you're living Oni life), and it's not like I would risk my life for something like that anyway, let alone this boy infront of me take my life just like that.

Squinting my eyes just to look at this boy's appearance, he sure clearly is not much that older than me and from what the way his uniform resembles, I immediately know that this creature at the front standing with a dark monstrous look on his face is a Momotaro. He has a blond hair that reaches his shoulders as his golden cold eyes is directly stare at me like he's gonna, and surely, shot me straight to the forehead directed to my brain.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that your death will be peaceful and at rest." I heard him spoke for the first time, his voice sent shiver down my spine as the urge to run immediately enveloped my whole body like I've been electrocuted.

Must this day would really come and happen? This reality is cruel, don't you think so? Even though I expected my fated expiration, I still don't wanna die like this as I am wishing and praying to the heavens to extend my life even for just a bit ─ I'm just at the first step of growing up and didn't even had the chance to fight back. And seeing this person infront of me is like he is my grim reaper, even though we are clearly at the "dark side" here. He looks like another creature from another side of the world─ despite me, myself. Who really is the demon here?

Me or him?

"You must repent the sins you have done and must vanish from this world." He spoke again, despite him being just near my age, he seriously say things that mere children wouldn't have yet to say.

Ah, Momotaro and their stereotypical attitude. Who wouldn't have known it. They are literally narrow minded and has the audacity to see themselves higher than Oni. They wouldn't even consider the Onis feelings, what a shame this is. What a shame that if you are weak, you won't be heard just because they are higher.

Still, could someone save me from this situation? Would I die here? Now?

Did my prayers and wishes finally ended, or did the heaven is so done with me and put me in this situation? Even so, I still wanna live and to become stronger. I still wanna see the lights and to see people laughing and dancing. To make the things I didn't yet have to do, what would I do?

"W...what are you talking about..." Even though I know this coming, I still asked anyway. Not in curiosity but in disbelief. I'm probably looking pathetic right now as I see his guns pointed at me solely. Ah, there's so many guns, am I really that dangerous?

A cold breeze suddenly hit my skin as I shivered.

The wind that had hit me is similar to the expression he has right now. If looks could kill then l'm probably dead.

"What I meant is, you're dying, so farewell." With his words stung like a sharp shard of ice that it dropped on the ground, I swear I heard something shatter.

The first Momotaro that came hunting me is the face I would never ever forget. The night where the moon witnessed what's happening from below it's light; I never thought that my body moves fast unlike my mind.

That's the night where I run with all my might, and escaped to the predator. And this night will mark of one of the bad memory that I would ever remember and have.

It's been that night, how old was I again that time?