♯ 008.

純度

桃寺 神門Trust me, My dear

桃寺 神門
Trust me, My dear.

"Why didn't you do something when you knew who I was from the start. Why did you not do anything?"

I asked slowly and silently that it would've become a whisper if I said it low enough. I saw Mikado pursed his lip into thin line as he lets out a hum, indicating that he heard me when I said those sentence.

"Because as I said, to apologize and I do feel sorry back then. Please excuse my unforgivable doings."

"Hm. I know I know! Being a Momotaro... But It caught me off guard how you bent those rules, clearly every one of us has that predicament that said "to kill or to be killed."

I started as I sigh, mind still going back on the strings that 99% let go. I won't be believing just this kind of excuse! I need something that would connects everything.

A chuckle that I heard from the Momotaro as I gave him a raise brows. What is he laughing at? Does this look like a rainbows topic? Anyhow, he might have predicted the way how I want some reasonable and honest answer as he started to explain it piece by piece so that My brain could function all of the information.

"I am more observant as you think. Seeing my co-workers does act strange sometimes, I didn't mind it yet. Some of them went back to have a little scars from here and there, nothing serious to take and seriously I didn't pay attention to that. Might be glad that they didn't got some serious injuries, even assuming that they have killed the Oni successfully. "

"But then as I listen to the feedbacks and look at the way they behave. Don't you think it's a little bit suspicious that you came back to the quarters knowing what your mission is but unable to tell what happened at the said place? Some couldn't even answer the emperors very well as they might scratch their head to remember, only to fail miserably. Some are wondering how did they get back to their place, as the emperors ask for updates, they would just be given by the answer silence and perplexion."

I paused and look down. That's right, even still, I know it would happen soon, not everyone is as keen as someone, but some people are not dumb enough not to know it. I know it will happen eventually, but never did I expected that Mikado is this keen.

"But I do not resent you for what you have done. I'm quite amaze as well because you didn't proceeded to end their life there." Mikado chuckled as I didn't reply, keeping quiet as I heard him spoke again, "I won't say it's the first time for an Oni to help a Momotaro or let a Momotaro live─"

"─because it's always been the Momotaros who always attacks first, yes. That's it. I would be surprised if it's another way around, but then again, that would act as a suspicion." I cut him off as he stared at me before smiling gently, patting my head.