chapter [5]

Dorian's POV

"Your Highness! We found the suspicous man!"
Ilayda pushed open the door to the living room. Of course it wasn't a room of the palace but a random apartment that I had booked for the time we were investigating this city but it did its job quite well.

"Took them long enough. Did they bring him?" I wondered already being disappointed with the time I wasted investigating the recent phenomenon. Even after a week we had not found a single clue or explanation about what happened. I didn't want to bother the Queen with it as long as everything was under control but unfortunately the boy called Vael was our only source of information right now. He was dangerously powerful.

"Well..." Ilayda averted her eyes for a moment before begrudgingly continuing.

"The shadow elves found him. I told you we shouldn't hire these brutes, they attacked him in broad daylight in the city park." She reported not trying to hide her dislike towards these elves.

"And?" I hated when I needed to get every last bit of information out of somebody but at the same time the bad news came expected.

"The two of them involved were found at the place nearly dead, suffering from heavy burning marks. One even lost his eyesight. We lost the boy but thanks to a local water fairy we found out that he is staying with a red-haired girl called Sam. We're currently investigating her and will soon find out where she lives." She explained.
Of course, I had needed to confirm Vael's power and hearing about him easily fighting two shadow elves was to be expected. What a pain.

"I think I've seen the girl before. She came getting him after we took care of the demons. But other than that, were the elves able to report anything else?" I held my head, trying to hide the frustration. Stay collected, Dorian, we would find him soon. Tomorrow at best.

"Why are you silent?" I looked over at her to see her grin. Usually, I would love to see her smile but in that kind of situation it made me strangely cautious.

"What is this about?" I repeated, and Ilayda bit her lip to hide a laugh. Was she making fun of me?

"The boy, Vael, he said to deliver a message to you but I'm certain you won't want to hear it." She shrugged innocently and wanted to leave before I pushed myself up from the chair and slapped my hands on the table.

"What? What did he say? I order you to tell me immediately!" I raised my voice and the room cooled down with my rage increasing.

"Well then, he told your highness, let me quote: go fuck yourself." She said that with her last bit of self control before she left the room holding her mouth in a hurry.

"WHAT?!" I smashed the table underneath my hands and all the windows in the room misted up with the temperature dropping below zero.

A lowly creature like him! No matter what strength he possessed, how could he dare to keep this behaviour up, even worsen it after he had already disrespected me that much?! Death wasn't enough to make him pay for this. I would freeze his body to torture him until he would crawl back to me on all fours and beg for forgiveness!

"ILAYDA! I will go there myself tomorrow! No one touches that boy until I had a nice talk with him!" I yelled and threw the chair so it crashed with the wall. These things always broke way too fast in the human world.

"Calm down... calm down Dorian. You are still more powerful than him. You will eliminate this problem like you always do and restore peace and quiet." I adjusted the tie in my hair and closed my eyes for a moment.
Right... this night I'd pay him a visit.

Vael's POV

After taking care of the elves I didn't know how to react to the attack that I had just used so I ran away out of instinct. Honestly, I didn't expect it to be that... explosive. It was simply luck that the elves didn't die so I decided to experiment a bit more to control my powers better. It was dangerous no matter how I looked at the situation. What exactly was my father that my powers were like this? What were the limits? How would I use them efficiently?