6. | not my girlfriend

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act one. missing

CHAPTER SIX — ❝ jonathan's in jail ? ❞

CHAPTER SIX ❝ jonathan's in jail ? ❞

MAISIE AND AARON were sitting in the backseat of Joyce's car, watching Hopper talk to someone in the telephone booth

MAISIE AND AARON were sitting in the backseat of Joyce's car, watching Hopper talk to someone in the telephone booth. The seventeen-year-old girl was still in shock from finding out that the body they found wasn't really Will, but deep down she had known all along that her brother was alive. Her head was resting on Aaron's shoulder as she nervously played with his hands.

"Did you get it?" Joyce's concerned voice asked Jim as soon as he sat in the car.

"I got it," he confirmed, making Maisie sigh in relief.

"Okay," Joyce whispered right before they took off.

The ride was long and Maisie hated sitting in the backseat, so she had spent the entire time napping on Aaron. He didn't seem to mind, seeing as how relaxed he was next to her and how he gently stroked her hair from time to time. He wasn't even supposed to come, neither was Maisie. But they noticed that Joyce and Hopper were planning something, so they ambuced them and made them tell the truth. And then the teenagers forced them to take them with them on the quest.

"Hey, sweetheart. Wake up, we're here."

His gentle voice woke her up, feeling him shake her a little bith. She lifted her head from his shoulder and looked outside to see a dark red house in the middle of nowhere. She looked around in distaste and judged the unattractive yard. Her eyes connected with Aaron's blue ones and she was delighted to see the same kind of disgust for the place they had ended up at. It seemed neither of them had changed much during those two long years apart.

Maisie watched Jim knock on the door multiple times, almost letting out a laugh.

"She's not coming to the door any faster with that," she commented from behind the man. He looked back at her with a deadpan expression before turning back to face the door.