8. | blue camaro

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act two. possessed

CHAPTER EIGHT — ❝ pretty girl ❞

"SO.. CAN YOU COME OVER TONIGHT?"

Aaron's voice rang in Maisie's ear as she held the phone in her hand, playing with a strand of her hair at the same time. Every once in a while she would look down the hallway to see if Will was ready to go, but he was still in his room getting ready.

She tried her best to focus on Aaron, but she could not let herself feel as excited about seeing him as he was about seeing her. It had been like that for the past few months, and Maisie was anxious he was going to realize it soon. She still didn't trust him as she used to, but since they had decided to slowly start their friendship over, she wanted to keep trying.

"Yeah, uh, maybe. I'm taking Will down to the arcade in a few minutes because mom's with Bob tonight." Her answer was lazy, and she knew Aaron could recognize the desire in her voice not to see him.

Their friendship had been such a good thing for her in the past and Maisie couldn't be happier to have those memories with him, but she couldn't help but feel... scared. She was still scared that he was going to leave her. Like he did before. Her trust issues in him made her cautious and stressed out, but she couldn't help it. He used to be her best friend, someone she could tell everything to and someone she wanted to be with at all times. She just didn't see that person in him anymore. Sometimes she saw flashes of him, but then before she could blink, he was gone. Now that they had stopped sleeping together, simply focusing on their friendship, it was hard. When they were having sex, it was easy for Maisie to use it as a way to escape trusting him too much and feeling herself being drawn to him again. But now, that was all she had to do.

"I have something to tell you, though," he said, but his voice sounded different now. More... sad or serious? She couldn't tell over the phone, but his voice made her frown and straighten up.