18. | sister

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act two. possessed

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN — ❝ i love you, aaron ❞

MAISIE GROANED AS SHE OPENED HER EYES. The first thing she felt was the pounding in her head, the violent nausea and the stirring in her stomach. Without even a look around, she turned over and vomited into a bucket next to her bed.

She sighed and leaned back with her eyes closed, only to feel someone wiping her forehead with a wet rag. She slowly opened her eyes to see Aaron sitting on a chair next to her bed, in his hands a pink rag, that was soaked with warm water.

"What happened?" she croaked out, her throat dry.

Aaron looked at her with concern, a frown on his lips. "You passed out. You hit your head pretty bad, then there was the dehydration and the fact that you hadn't eaten in hours, plus the stress, which all made you pass out in the car."

"Oh." She blinked, slowly remembering what had happened. She then remembered Bob and how he had sacrificed himself for her, and then her eyes became blurry with tears again. God, she was so tired of crying, but she just couldn't stop.

"Hey," Aaron soothed her, bringing his hand up to her cheek to wipe away her tears. "It's okay."

"It's not," she sobbed. "Bob's dead. He's dead because of me." She took a deep breath, forcing the words out. "If I hadn't been there, he wouldn't have had to push me out of the way and he would've made it."

Aaron pushed himself closer to her, raising his hands to hold her face in them. "No. That is not on you, do you hear me? It's not your fault that he died. Even if you hadn't been there, the demodog still would have been there. Don't you dare blame yourself for this, sweetheart."

Maisie took in his words with a shaky nod before her eyebrows furrowed and she looked back at Aaron, her teary eyes flashing with confusion. "Demodog?"