10. | pure fuel

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act two. possessed

CHAPTER TEN — ❝ pretty name for a pretty girl ❞

"SO YOU HIT 'T' to zoom in, and 'W' zooms back out," Bob adviced Jonathan, holding the camera for him

"SO YOU HIT 'T' to zoom in, and 'W' zooms back out," Bob adviced Jonathan, holding the camera for him. "See? Easy peasy. Just make sure to turn off the power to save energy there."

Maisie leaned against the wall, chewing gum as she impatiently waited for them to be ready. She adored her costume, and she was glad that she had taken extra shifts at the diner to get it. She had dressed herself as Bonnie Parker, and had left the clothes of Clyde to Aaron, hoping he would humor her and put them on.

She was wearing a grey skirt, which fell to her mid thigh, a yellow short sleeved sweater and a black thin scarf around her neck. On her head was a brown beret and on her feet were brown heels. Heels. Though, they weren't very high, since she didn't really know how to walk well in them. But mostly she was excited about the fake gun that was sticking out of her skirt. If she was being honest, she fucking loved her costume.

She'd never gone to parties on halloween, or anywhere where you dress up in that way— or to parties in general, really. She'd only been out trick or treating with Jonathan and Will when they were kids, but it wasn't the same. She could only pray that Aaron was wearing his part of the costume, so that she wouldn't feel completely stupid and embarrassed.

She bid goodbye to her mom and Bob as she, Jonathan and Will walked out the door.

"Be safe," Joyce called out after them, while Bob flashed his fake fangs at them.

"I hope it doesn't suck!" he exclaimed, grinning when he heard Maisie laugh on her way to the car.

Maisie was sitting in the middle seat in the back, chewing her gum as she watched the view go by. She wouldn't admit it, but she was really nervous. As a person with social anxiety, parties were fucking terrifying. And since she'd never been to a one before, she didn't know what to expect.