19. | demodogs and the mind flayer

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act two. possessed

CHAPTER NINETEEN — ❝ we'll kill him ❞

MAISIE DIDN'T KNOW what to say, so she waited for Aaron to finish the rest of his story, which was filled with things she already knew

MAISIE DIDN'T KNOW what to say, so she waited for Aaron to finish the rest of his story, which was filled with things she already knew. How he had started acting out, being more rude, acting more impulsively and how the jealousy played part in it. How he talked to her about Billy and how he felt about the whole situation. It was hard, but she listened patiently, never letting go of his hand.

She felt for Aaron, she really did. He had gone through something awful, something that was very hard for him—-and she hadn't been there for him. She had been so caught up with how she was sure he was done with her and how she didn't trust him, that she'd just completely blown him off. She felt terrible. She knew something was wrong, she just never thought about asking him or waiting for him to talk to her like he'd wanted to. It felt like a huge rock was sitting on top of her heart, making her feel like shit, even though she knew Aaron didn't blame her for any of it. She felt like a terrible friend, feeling like shit for treating him so badly when he was going through something like that.

She squeezed his hand and sent him a sympathetic smile, to which he answered with smile of his own. Before he could blink, she jumped up to hug him. She squeezed him tight, pursing her lips to keep them from trembling.

"I am so sorry, Aaron. If I had known it was something this big, I never would've acted the way I did. I just thought that...." she hestitated then, not knowing if Aaron needed to hear about her mistrust in him at the moment. "I just thought of something terrible and wanted to avoid it. I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?"

Aaron's hold on her tightened, his arms around her waist. "There isn't any scenerio where I wouldn't forgive you, sweetheart. You didn't do anything wrong. We should've just talked more, I guess. It wasn't your fault, and don't even for a second think that it was."

"Okay," she sighed hesitantly, not wanting to let go of him just yet. She then remembered her unconscious brother, and wondered what had happened in the time she was sleeping.